• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are some of the radios used today that wont break the bank ?

The price on the kenwood 480's have come down. Have heard good reports about both the regular 480 and the 480hx 200 watt model. The regular 480 has and antenna tuner built in and is a 100 watt radio. Both nice radios but still over the $1000 mark. There are so many radios that could fit the bill, search ebay for kenwood, yaseu, and icom hf transceivers. You will then see how many radios there are and the price range or close to it. It's all on what you want to spend in the end. And like others have said get your antenna system setup right. Good luck and hope you find a good rsdio. God bless.

Reactions: Oatmeal and binrat
I have the 480HX in my truck. Awesome radio. My setup is the head unit mounted in front of the console with the main unit under the passengers seat. 8x coax out the back of the cab to the pass side front stack hole pocket where I have a stainless whip (for 10/11 metres) or a Hustler for 20 metres or a ham stick for 80 metres. I have a heavy duty quick release for ease of antenna change. Generally speaking if I can hear them, I can talk to them.

The price on the kenwood 480's have come down. Have heard good reports about both the regular 480 and the 480hx 200 watt model. The regular 480 has and antenna tuner built in and is a 100 watt radio. Both nice radios but still over the $1000 mark. There are so many radios that could fit the bill, search ebay for kenwood, yaseu, and icom hf transceivers. You will then see how many radios there are and the price range or close to it. It's all on what you want to spend in the end. And like others have said get your antenna system setup right. Good luck and hope you find a good rsdio. God bless.
Really?? The most I got offer awhile ago for mine was 750. :(

I meant new that is binrat. Don't let that rsdio go for 750 either. Seen them go for more than that on the flea bay. They are very nice radios and I have heard a lot of good things about them, almost bought one, ended up with the icom 746, I am happy. Have a great one and God bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.