• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are the current flavor of dual final radios?

Since I have decided to not run an amplifier, I'm considering getting a dual final radio (something like a Connex 3300HP), although I did talk over seven miles this AM with nothing more than my barefoot PC76XL; so I'm not sure it will gain me much.

What are the current flavors of dual final radios with good audio?? I've been away from exports for over five years now...I'm sure things have changed? It was the General Lee and Connex 3300HP at that time, not even sure where to look at this point. Seems all the exports are more than just dual finals today...and I don't really want to go that route.
kEEP THE 76xl, great radio. Throw a RFX75 75watt stinger on the back, and be happy.

General HP40W. Anyone have one of these? Thoughts? This would work well on my radio mount, as it lacks the amplifier section on the back of the radio that most of the others have.

I am pretty sure the Stryker has fallen through as the seller won't return my emails. So I'm on the look again, and I believe I could order this through DTB if I asked him.

I believe this very similar to the 48T Galaxy, which I have owned. It was a decent radio, needed big cable to the battery to get the power out of it.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new General HP40W today. From what I have read, it should do around 30 watts of key and 100 watts of swing; so it should be more than I need.

Kind of a neat design...it reminds me of the Connex 4600T I owned several years ago with the small heat sink on the bottom of the chassis. Plus its fairly basic, and not flashy.

Will update once I get it and have a chance to run it...

General HP40W. Anyone have one of these? Thoughts? This would work well on my radio mount, as it lacks the amplifier section on the back of the radio that most of the others have.

I am pretty sure the Stryker has fallen through as the seller won't return my emails. So I'm on the look again, and I believe I could order this through DTB if I asked him.

I have a tuned general Lee awsome talking radio

Received my HP40W today...nice looking radio, heavier than a brick. Bought new from DTB, had it converted/tuned and his upgraded RX/TX work done too (as was recommended by him).

Probably hook it up later this week as a temporary thing...power to the battery through the window sort of thing...just to see how many codes pop once I key up! If all looks good, I'll run the new wiring...which sort of sucks, as it uses a different plug than the Uniden that is already in place. I'm thinking I'm going to hook up a SWR meter in line permanently, just to keep an eye on things.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.