• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is the Range of a HAND HELD CB?

Saw this on the cheap gift rack at Target. It's to plug in your cell phone speaker jack and claims it's PTT. Doubles as a speaker for music or whatever, too.
9u7yba7y.jpg

When My adapter Comes in the Mail Would a 5 ft Fire Stick get me more range on a Handheld to keep it still some what portable??? Hooked up with one foot of coax

When My adapter Comes in the Mail Would a 5 ft Fire Stick get me more range on a Handheld to keep it still some what portable??? Hooked up with one foot of coax

Would be very inefficient, the fire stick would need a ground to work off and the HT would not provide enough. You could rig up a "tiger tail" counter poise but it would need to be five feet long and fairly awkward to use hand held. Honestly you could make it work but it would not be worth the effort.

The fire stick would need a ground to work off and the HT would not provide enough.

This setup is for my lawn mower it would be grounded to that
would it work???

Looking for something to do mowing while the lawn
as I mow 37 acres... LOL with only a 46 inch deck lawn tractor

Would I get anymore range with a hand held hooked to a FireStik???

This setup is for my lawn mower it would be grounded to that
would it work???

Looking for something to do mowing while the lawn
as I mow 37 acres... LOL with only a 46 inch deck lawn tractor

Would I get anymore range with a hand held hooked to a FireStik???

Anybody want to take a guess as to how much RFI he is going to get from the ignition? :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.