• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What would be the reaction if Hams used 11m legally using their calls.

I just looked it up and it comes back as the correct name and QTH. Could still be a prankster I guess but this didn't really have that vibe.
I have a feeling it might have been him. I wonder if he is quite elderly ?
This guy today sounded like he may have been getting up there in years........
To give credit where credit is due ..........
I didn't say that ...... BC Coyote said it!

All I said was "I hate when that happens.........."

Heard more hams on 11 meters today. Two Americans and a Canadian chatting away on 27.440 LSB about ham stuff including contacts they made last night on 40 and 80 meters, some guys posts on QRZ.com, and about some vintage gear for sale on FB marketplace.... Canadian guy even started to give his VE4 callsign at one point, then stopped. Other guys then made fun of him for forgetting he was on 11 meters LOL!

There are many members here that are both Ham and CB operators.
We don't go for the Ham vers CB rants here and it can get users a vacation quickly.
Radio is Radio, don't care what service it is......

Jeff
You get it. I run ham, CB, murs, gmrs, radio is radio period. I simply chose not to be tied to one frequency or service.

Heard more hams on 11 meters today. Two Americans and a Canadian chatting away on 27.440 LSB about ham stuff including contacts they made last night on 40 and 80 meters, some guys posts on QRZ.com, and about some vintage gear for sale on FB marketplace.... Canadian guy even started to give his VE4 callsign at one point, then stopped. Other guys then made fun of him for forgetting he was on 11 meters LOL!
As someone mentioned earlier, there are probably as much ham radio operators that go to both. Most wont admit it. :) I do have a ham radio friend who really doesn't like CB, but doesn't hate on it. How I was able to score a couple totes of radio gear. :)

As someone mentioned earlier, there are probably as much ham radio operators that go to both. Most wont admit it. :) I do have a ham radio friend who really doesn't like CB, but doesn't hate on it. How I was able to score a couple totes of radio gear. :)
I am a ham that no longer users 11 meters, I don't hate it I just don't like what it has become especially here in Chivcago. What I do find sad is no quality radios are being produced for the band anymore. I know the Anytime 6666 is a great radio but its not a cb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.