• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What would be the reaction if Hams used 11m legally using their calls.

I call for irrefutable proof of this statement.

I have very good voice recognition. An RF transmission is significantly more complex with just that many more identifiable properties.

Aside from the absolutes, the noises that the key makes as it scrapes its contacts, the RF and acoustic ringing, the spurious and harmonic content, the IMD products, etc., all make an identifiable fingerprint.

Again another person who only reads or hears what he wants too, as stated in my previous post the only entity who may give a rat's ass ain't gonna travel any distance to check on something that's totally not illegal(the fcc).

And as stated in my previous post the only one who will give a rat's ass is some self policing,knuckle dragger that I don't give a shit about.

It's just information to the contrary. Put it in any context you wish...I never said anyone would care.

False statements don't make them right just because...

I have very good voice recognition. An RF transmission is significantly more complex with just that many more identifiable properties.

Aside from the absolutes, the noises that the key makes as it scrapes its contacts, the RF and acoustic ringing, the spurious and harmonic content, the IMD products, etc., all make an identifiable fingerprint.

Actually it has to do with the frequency skewing characteristics when the oscillators start up.

I call for irrefutable proof of this statement.

Here it is. |Just follow the link. It has been available for a dozen years or more.I'm sure it has been improved in that time.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CGcQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fciteseerx.ist.psu.edu%2Fviewdoc%2Fdownload%3Fdoi%3D10.1.1.38.9893%26rep%3Drep1%26type%3Dpdf&rct=j&q=transmitter%20fingerprinting%20software&ei=7imZTcbxLe610QG6rsD-Cw&usg=AFQjCNEa6Uzp9eFmq0x9Di4nwsR2c-u-0A&cad=rja

You guys ought to have some respect...
I have all the respect in the world for John, he was a very good friend to me for several years and I still operate a modded Uniden PC-68 he personally did and gave me for 0 $'s so don't speak about things you have no personal experience with.

Pros and cons!
The band does not require any ID, so as far as I know there is no part 95 or 97 rule to prevent it.

It has nothing to do with the band not requiring any ID. You better take a closer look at the laws regarding ID'ing a transmission. You will find tha one licensed radio service is not permitted to use it's assigned callsign while operating in a different radio service.

Pros and cons!
The band does not require any ID, so as far as I know there is no part 95 or 97 rule to prevent it.
Would it demonstrate good operating practice if done without a lot of foolishness and have some point of value such as discussions and net operation procedures etc.?
Non use of power mikes and cranked up audio etc to show what a good stations sounds like etc.
Any body doing it or let us know how it goes if you do it.

What a silly question.

I have all the respect in the world for John, he was a very good friend to me for several years and I still operate a modded Uniden PC-68 he personally did and gave me for 0 $'s so don't speak about things you have no personal experience with.

Perhaps you do, mack. I just would not be whoring his call, so excuse me for caring.

Perhaps you do, mack. I just would not be whoring his call, so excuse me for caring.

I never whored anyones call sign, I believe GLR did and why should I have any respect for a bunch of self policing jackwads who consider themselves better just because they remembered a few questions to pass a test any 11 year kid could do on a daily basis?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.