• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

I think RPC is happy with the work fine tune does. Maybe he does decent tuning. I will NEVER know due to his arrogance. Fine Tune is not doing ANYTHING a reputable shop does, or probably many of you guys who tune your own radios. I have to rely on a cb tech because I don't have the money to spend on the equipment. Maybe someday down the road it would be best to buy a old radio and tinker.

Mark is innovative.I understand he sells magic coax jumpers for $65 with a minimum purchase of three. Price and quantity may change with his mood but I have never heard of any other shops offering such a thing.

Mark is innovative.I understand he sells magic coax jumpers for $65 with a minimum purchase of three. Price and quantity may change with his mood but I have never heard of any other shops offering such a thing.

That's crazy if it's true about the coax at 65 bucks a pop.

Reactions: Unit 194
".... they are like cult members, once they've been brainwashed/indoctrinated you cannot convince them that they have been fooled....."

at least they aren't burning folks at the stake like christians did , the muslim equivalent of beheading folks that don't believe in their version of an imaginary friend .

Reactions: Unit 194
Wow. Those cables must really be something.

It's all about what the market can bear.
If his price is 65 dollars a wire then that's what it is.
The problem is if these wires purport to have magical or mystical properties.

It's as if Mark Sherman is the CB radio version of David Koresh or Marshall Applewhite.

Wow. Those cables must really be something.

It's all about what the market can bear.
If his price is 65 dollars a wire then that's what it is.
The problem is if these wires purport to have magical or mystical properties.

It's as if Mark Sherman is the CB radio version of David Koresh or Marshall Applewhite.

More like Jim Jones

Well we know he doesn't accept mail-in repairs.
Only mail-in cash money.
Like everything else. It's all about fast money. He won't do one cable because it isn't worth his time to do just one for anyone. If he does a repair? The price will make it worth his time. He tells you plain and clear that you are better off buying his new radios because it is cheaper than him repairing your used radios. His new radios aren't cheap. So, you can imagine what he gets for repairs. The catch to buying a new radio from him is that in order for the radio to do the things he says it will do. You have to follow his directions. Start with the radio and then you move on to the coax and then you must have ground loss and power loss because your power connections aren't soldered correctly. your system isn't operating at 50 ohms. The sun and the moon have to be lined up in the seventh house for your radio to perform to full potential. There are a lot of hoops to jump through to find out you are not ever going to get it perfect unless you are RABBI PORKCHOP. He has it all mastered.

Don't get me wrong. I bought a radio from Mark Sherman and it sounds great. It's not doing every watt it can. But, it talks clean. He doesn't sell you watts. he sells you a clean waveform. Throw away your bird meter because all that matters is the scope. In fact he also tells you not to put a meter inline because it throws off the 50 ohms load or something to the effect. all you need is an antenna analyzer.

Lesson Learned.

Last edited:
We are getting way off track here but I will open up a pandora's box and hopefully not get everybody on my case but and this is a big but.

Clean radios are great. I never cut limiters. Here is the big but...... Oh boy here I go. I never saw a clean radio that ever got any distance. They sound great up close but they do not get out. So. Criticisms, agreements and disagreements welcome or I would love to hear others thoughts on this subject.
One after thought Exceptions will include power house radios. They need no help. And I am not talking obnoxious limiter cup power microphone cranked way up radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.