• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who is

I talked to him ('rabbiporkchop') while on I-80 a couple of years ago. He was driving a big rig. I was driving out to my farm in Iowa from CA and to do some storm chasing on the Great Plains. I was in Wyoming at the time W of Cheyenne, and was on the radio (ch 19 - of course) and we started to talk about the radios we were using, and in particular, modifying the receive circuit with 2SC2999e transistors and Shottky diodes. Talked to each other for about 35 minutes or so, and we also talked about the WWRF. He was already a member before I was. Seems like a normal enough dude to me.

But as far a Jerry Cash goes - never heard of him. Neither did the conversation go there. We talked about Galaxy radios mostly, and how they can be modified. He was using one; and so was I. I remember it all distinctly. I also remember talking about his handle 'rabbiporkchop' and how that came about. Had some laughs . . .[/QU

Hey Rob its Rabbiporkchop. My name is Scot. I live in PA. Jerry Cash lives in North Canton, Ohio. His real name is Jerald Cash, and his address and phone number were posted above. He still has his machine shop. He still builds antennas, studs, and mounts. My number is 570-394-9092. I advertise for him as a favor for him as a favor to him out of courtesy and respect-no other reason. He is not my hero.

here are some previous posts by Shadowman2:

"Considering those who are posting, it seems like a perfectly normal thread."

"I don't think I referred to Sparky in my post. I was referring to the intelligent (?) banter between some of the others posts. Just a lot of nonsense about nothing."

"Reading threads like this on a forum supposedly dedicated to teaching and learning about a great hobby is a lot like listening to a group of old women bitching about menstrual problems. It's becoming increasingly obvious why CBer's get such bad press. Every forum I've been on is the same. One day everyone jumps on the bandwagon on praising an individual, six months later the same group is tearing them up. When that becomes boring the "CB Rambo's" become "cyber-Rambos". Frankly, there's damn few individuals that have commented in this particular thread that I'd care to have backing me in fight. It might give "friendly fire" a whole new meaning. I'll get off the cross now and let someone else have the wood! We gone."

15 posts in 5+ years and he doesnt seem to like idle chit-chat much.
must be tough for someone into a hobby thats all about talking to other people.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.