• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun kg-uv920r Mobile

Might be a bit longer yet a lot of places have been closed for over a week for Chinese new year.
I 'm dieing to get my hands on two got one of their duel band hand held and i love it but need more power.

Last edited:
i reserved one LAST YEAR and have a low (2 digit) reservation number.

:thumbdown: bottom line: i'm tired of waiting and unless they contact me SOON , they lost a sale.

As of Feb 22, there was no word from China yet.
I may end up passing on it, but I'll wait on that decision until more info comes out.

No word still. A good way to see if it is on its way is to look at the FCC authorization search.. if there is an FCC ID, then it is on its way (at least a us version)

Welcome to the forum.

But I think you found that clone right here with this Wouxun . . .

Well -almost. No APRS. Wonder if all the buttons are backlit - that is a big gripe with me and the Yaesu. If the Wouxun has an easy to use interface; I just might sell it and get the Wouxun. The Yaesu can scan many freqs; but is difficult to use - unless you keep the manual next to it. But if there is an programming upgrade for this Wouxun - like the handheld Wouxun's have - maybe it is also capable of scanning a wider freq range. I'm a bit put off by the Yaesu's difficulty in using the interface - about as cryptic as it gets - IMO. Not exactly 'user friendly'.

I paid about $400 for my Yaesu FT-8800R.

:unsure: No APRS??? Any radio will do APRS, just add a TNC and cheap GPS and you still have a very low cost package. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.