• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

Here is the software you need to program the Wouxun KG-UVD1P (and other models) for extended transmit and receive.

Download the attached file and rename the file extension to .exe. Simply run it with your interface cable and radio attached. Input valid frequency ranges for both TX and RX for your radio model (check Wouxun KG-UVD1P & KG-UVD2 for info) and download to your radio.

The allowed frequency range variations for the KG-UVD1P are:
2m/440 version
144-148 & 420-450 (TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-480 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 420-520 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
144-146 & 430-440 (RX/TX)
2m/220 version

136-174 & 245-250 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 216-280 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 225-226 (RX/TX)

Note: the software does not have any settings to specify COM port. I had to also open the Wouxun memory editor software, specify the port and then make several attempts to write the frequency ranges until the software figured out which port to use. You just have to fool around with it and it will eventually work.

EDIT: A new version has been attached called 1KG-XXX-unlock.exe. I have verified that this also works on my radio. There are no COM port settings on this version, but if you keep hitting the Read Radio button it finds the correct COM port by trial and error. Once you've found it using the Read function, it will write using the same port. The buttons on the left are translated from top to bottom as "Open File", "Save File", "Read Radio", "Write Radio".

I have been doing some experimenting with the 'unlock' software and find I can open up the UHF range completely 350 - 520 MHz: police, fire, FRS/GMRS, etc. how cool! Caveat- this is OK for receiving, but be careful, this can also allow you to inadvertently transmit outside the HAM bands!

Just got word back from Wouxun support.
My KG-639E is a singleband radio ONLY!
So no UHF band for me :(
Guess this radio will still be kept s my backup VHF hunting radio.

The UDP1 seems all the more tempting now... :)

Temptation just caught the better of me :)
The KG-UVD1P was just ordered from 409shop.com,
let's just hope customs work fast.. ;)

Wouxun KG-UVD1P 400-480

Hi, I bought a used Wouxun KG-UVD1P 400-480 model though it was presented as being the 420-520 model.

Until I have access to a scanner, it will be hard for me to verify if the 400-480 model can actually RX and TX from 350-520. The display may look like it works, but it will be hard to verify without a second radio or scanner. I've read a post here that says it cannot TX below 400. Has anyone had luck with RX AND TX from 350-520 on this 400-480 model?

Last edited:
I downloaded the program, had to change the _ to an e to make it .exe, but when I started up the program it is in a language not English. Help please

Tried to get this working...but the link failed. Can you repost a valid English translation link?

I edited the original post and provided an updated copy that is in English. I also provided a direct link to download for those that are having trouble renaming the file extension.

Got a couple of KG-UV3 units and had not too much trouble getting one of them unlocked and programmed with amateur, GMRS, FRS, MURS and WX frequencies but now have a question.

I got a cloning cable with my order and thought that the proper use of the cable was to simply plug the two radios together and turn them on. That's a non-starter. Doesn't work that easy. However, I can find no procedure for cloning the programmed unit to the unprogrammed unit anywhere!

Does someone know where I can find these instructions?

Thanks.
Stupid question, but how do u know what the GMRS, FRS, etc freqs are to program in?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.