• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB--D104 Or Turner +3 Wired For A GRT Super MC-11 A

Hi Eastside ... like we discussed before in my Tweety Bird D104 thread, you are probably going to have to find another one of those odd-ball 4 pin male plugs that your radio uses. Very obsolete. Your best bet is getting a tech to replace the radio mic's socket with a modern 4 pin cobra style socket ;)

Good luck !!

Reactions: Eastside
Wow, that connector looks like the old Tram Titan 5 pin but its a 4 pin on the General. If you locate any let me know. I need one of those connectors for mine also!

I'll ask locally to see if anyone has any of those connectors as well.

I have a turner plus 3 mic for sale...
I have 1 - D104 with the lever you push down on to talk, and 1 D104 that was bought new for a Viking Ranger - 2 pin - solder connector.

The two pin unit was only ever used a couple of times.
The bill of sale said 1962.
It still has a part of the original bag that came with the microphone when it was new, and some type of cloth designed to clean / polish the mic - when it was shipped new.

I paid $100 for the 2 pin unit and $65 for the 4 pin Cobra type with the handle. If interested, we can PM off line..

I think he's looking for a good working mic AND the special 4 pin connector properly wired for the MC-11A. Hint: its NOT a cobra 4 pin of Amphenal 4 pin. Lots of us have D104 and Turners for sale, haha.

Its the old 4 pin din quick-lock style. Not sure of the exact name of it.

ZsypoBe.jpg

I think he's looking for a good working mic AND the special 4 pin connector properly wired for the MC-11A. Hint: its NOT a cobra 4 pin of Amphenal 4 pin. Lots of us have D104 and Turners for sale, haha.
If you can't solder on a new connector, there is something wrong with you - sorry. 4 wires - heck my first car stereo had more than 4 wires.. That was 40 years ago...

Missing the point. That radio has a very unique mic jack. Look at the photo of mine closely again. It is not standard. If he wants to keep the radio historically correct, he will need to find the connector that fits and it is very hard to find.

Otherwise, as mentioned, it could be swapped out by opening up the radio and it may or may not loose some collect-ability value. I looked but could not find any. Maybe someone on here knows where to get some and he would be halfway to his goal :)

Title sez it all...

Thanks for looking.
You might be in luck.
Check out mikesradiorepair on YouTube.
He just purchased a bunch of oddball mic and the like plugs and posted a video of them.
He used to sell lot's of items but has stopped and concentrates on repair only.
He's a good guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he were willing to sell you a mic with the pin configuration you're looking for even though he doesn't sell much anymore.
You can check out his clips on YouTube.
The YT name I gave you is active or you can message him via Gmail at
mikesradiorepair@gmail.com Hope this helps you. Good luck. 73

Yup...want a nice d104 or turner +3 wired for my GRT MC-11A

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.