• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

What are you talking about?
I run 150 watts into a delta loop and there hasn't been a day where I didn't talk to somebody somewhere in months.
Granted, conditions are terrible at times, and not what they should be, but there IS skip out there.
In the last week I've spoken to several western states, Saskatchewan and Alberta multiple times, Florida and Jamaica a couple days ago, and Hawaii and Australia on several evenings.
That's a long way from no conditions !
sure so have I barefoot but its nothing compared to what it should be.
skip for 15mins then nothing all day for the most part. 1 guy in Hawaii is what I hear and the weakie in Jamacia. Having lived through 4 cycles going on my 5th, this is complete garbage. even last summer was better than this. who knows, maybe its because 80% of the operators are all dead. that dont help

maybe its because 80% of the operators are all dead. that dont help
This. Although there is a lot of hype that the hobby is growing and CB is making a comeback, you know and I know that is a steaming pile of bull excrement. There are way less operators than there were even 10 or 15 years ago.

Before the sun started acting up in the late spring we had excellent conditions. I was talking to Europe every morning and deep into Asia every evening.
I made it into Serbia, Poland and Thailand among other places, and then conditions went to Hell when the sun started acting up. It's been firing off a steady stream of flares and CME's ever since.
Hopefully the sun will calm down a little this fall and those amazing conditions will come back again ! Here's hoping !

Sitting in my parents driveway, I heard Hawaii, California, and New Jersey talking to each other. Then they were gone.....
It's in and out quick.
I could hear @unit_399 talking to 44 about moving to Columbia ( happy wife happy life) and I called but no go.
I did talk to a couple guys in Florida , then the bottom feel out.

Jeff

Just heard Colombia on 27.555 USB! Not our 399, it was 6KPI001, whom I did make contact with last winter. Couldn't make it back today though I tried.
Lots of other South American stuff coming in too, but nothing any closer than that......weird conditions for sure!

Gonna go and shout for 399 on 37 LSB right now....

Gonna go and shout for 399 on 37 LSB right now....
Damn BC. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Northern Cal was Strong, and I probably could have hooked up with you, but I shut down at 6 pm just before you tried. If you are out there tomorrow, I'll keep my antenna pointed toward BC. It would be so good to connect with you.

J.J. 399

It's in and out quick.
I could hear @unit_399 talking to 44 about moving to Columbia ( happy wife happy life) and I called but no go.
I did talk to a couple guys in Florida , then the bottom feel out.

Jeff
Yeah, Jeff. 44 and I had a nice long QSO. The band was really hopping on my end today and I had a lot of contacts. It's tough hearing long distance stations like yours because I'm bombarded with stations from the southeast corner. Let me know when you're gonna be on the air (if you can), and we can go to 35 which usually isn't busy. Love to talk to you again. And - - it's true, " Happy wife, happy life."

- J.J.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.