• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

I heard a little activity on 11 meters yesterday afternoon but nothing to brag about. But I did fool around with my blister pack GMRS Cobra radio in the scan mode and found a amazingly clear conversation between 2 guys while I was up on the hill top checking out a site. The conversation followed me home to my driveway but with noise as I come off the hill. I figured It must have locked on to some repeater or something because nothing later on. It was interesting for sure !

Good Morning all, Well just fired up the Ranger and already I made contact with Needle bender 159 in Michigan and 316 out of Wisconsin , Conditions seem to be looking good so far at the moment, just drinking my coffee on my day off and planning to run my Dad around on some errands on my day off today, hope everyone has a great day ahead and God Bless you all out there!!

73's

Good DX into Colombia today. Caught up with WDX226 ROD (Brother Dxer) for a short QSO before Mother Nature interviened. Three other TX stations. 359 Corpus Christi, 132 Dallas, and 108 Mark TX.
Talked to a couple of Florida stations, and one from the Carolinas. Then all channels went totally dead at about 6:30pm.

- J.J. 399.

It was great making contact again, JJ. You were killing it out there. I heard you talking to a ton of stations! You must have heard me talking to 214 in Florida. I think you had a qso with him as well.
399... King of the airwaves this evening.

73's

It was great making contact again, JJ. You were killing it out there. I heard you talking to a ton of stations! You must have heard me talking to 214 in Florida. I think you had a qso with him as well.
399... King of the airwaves this evening.

73's
I QSO'd with 214 earlier. Then I heard you and 214 talking and waited 'til you were through to call you. Good to talk to you again. Signal was up and down, but mostly up. I switched to the other mike, and people say they like the sound. So, I think I'll stick with it.

"King of the Airwaves" - - I don't know about that, LOL.

- J.J.

I watched the video and I have to say that I agree with him 100%. Propagation in the Southern Hemisphere has been awesome. I really hope that his prediction about mind-blowing DX in the northern hemisphere come this fall and winter is spot-on. My location is more Northern Hemisphere than Southern. So. . .bring it on.
Here it comes, get your antennas up and your radios recapped. It's going to be a fun ride!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.