• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Reading this made me realize that we don't have seasons here. No fall, no winter, no summer. Just springtime year 'round. Made me kinda miss the changes... but only for a second or two.

- J. J. 399
In Pennsylvania,We have 5 seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Construction, LoL....

73's

Listening to DX this morning, we have east of the Mississippi. Now that my truck is fixed, I can get back to everything I have been neglecting. The fancy GE washer with a control board developed an issue where the lid won't lock preventing spin cycle. Because I had to work on my truck to get through inspection before I lost my low number antique ceramic tag, I limped the washer along. I could put it in service mode to run the pump and drain it out. Then wring them out by hand and put them in the dryer. But one day I was at work and my daughter wanted to do some wash. I told her how to run the pump over the phone, but apparently she couldn't wring them out good enough and the dryer ate up it's drive pulley. Parts are on order, it's the story of my life....

IMG_20240803_134938867_HDR.jpg

Listening to DX this morning, we have east of the Mississippi. Now that my truck is fixed, I can get back to everything I have been neglecting. The fancy GE washer with a control board developed an issue where the lid won't lock preventing spin cycle. Because I had to work on my truck to get through inspection before I lost my low number antique ceramic tag, I limped the washer along. I could put it in service mode to run the pump and drain it out. Then wring them out by hand and put them in the dryer. But one day I was at work and my daughter wanted to do some wash. I told her how to run the pump over the phone, but apparently she couldn't wring them out good enough and the dryer ate up it's drive pulley. Parts are on order, it's the story of my life....

View attachment 69697
I thought I had the copy rite on that story. LOL

Well looking at the Conditions forecasted for today don't look to promising for DXING on 11 meter's, however I'm planning on trying to be on the Air after 2pm on 38 and 40 LSB, all depends on how I feel as I'm still recovering from Tues in the ER, starting to feel better,but learning I can't rush the recovery process, hope everyone has a great Sunday ahead!!
Screenshot_20240804-060726.png

Reactions: whiteastro and Rwb
In Pennsylvania,We have 5 seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Construction, LoL....

73's
Near the Arctic Circle we have five seaons and these are: winter, spring-winter, spring, summer with 24 hours of daylight and autumn. So … what is really ”spring-winter”? It is a time when the light finally arrive after a winter with at times quite cold temperatures and this year -46 (-50F) degrees Celsius as coldest and with only a few hours of daylight until mid January when the sun is pleasing us by starting to climb bit by bit … every day.

Of course you wont find anything called ”spring-winter” in a Swedish lexicon, but for us leaving up in the north it actually is a reality and as close to a fifth season as it possibly can be. During this season we do a lot of snowmobiling in the mountains, lots of ice fishing since there is usually lots of snow until mid April. It is a lovely time and somehow both winter and spring at the same time!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240811-094516.pngGood Morning all, just checking on the conditions,not looking promising for any great DXING for today, Might be on the Air after 2pm on 38 and 40 LSB,fired up the Ranger for a few minutes a little bit ago and it was absolutely quiet up here on the band, hope everyone has a great day ahead!!

73's

dont feel bad its not workable with 1500. total garbage
What are you talking about?
I run 150 watts into a delta loop and there hasn't been a day where I didn't talk to somebody somewhere in months.
Granted, conditions are terrible at times, and not what they should be, but there IS skip out there.
In the last week I've spoken to several western states, Saskatchewan and Alberta multiple times, Florida and Jamaica a couple days ago, and Hawaii and Australia on several evenings.
That's a long way from no conditions !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.