• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Enjoy that weather, my friend!!

View attachment 69889
I hope that is dry heat for you at least buddy. High humidity would make that brutal. I did 110 once in southern Cally on the motorcycle and yes it was hot but it was doable because it was dry. I feel for you guys when I see them temps. Mother Nature is Whacked Out !

Listening to DX this morning, we have east of the Mississippi. Now that my truck is fixed, I can get back to everything I have been neglecting. The fancy GE washer with a control board developed an issue where the lid won't lock preventing spin cycle. Because I had to work on my truck to get through inspection before I lost my low number antique ceramic tag, I limped the washer along. I could put it in service mode to run the pump and drain it out. Then wring them out by hand and put them in the dryer. But one day I was at work and my daughter wanted to do some wash. I told her how to run the pump over the phone, but apparently she couldn't wring them out good enough and the dryer ate up it's drive pulley. Parts are on order, it's the story of my life....

View attachment 69697
be sure to check for hair in the idler wheel axles. They come off with that triangle plastic keeper. clean them and put a drop of oil on the shaft. Also, I would pull the duct off the back and clean the fan and duct. I rebuild a lot of dryers and resell them. I seen one locked up because of a plastic lit was pushed down in the screen slot ahead of the screen and had things locked up. I seen one that had two 22cal long rifle bullets in the fan bouncing around.

Sitting on channel 37 and heard 399 Colombia talking to 178 DXMan just south of me in Washington state, and now there's a pileup of about twenty guys all trying to call 399 LOL! Mayhem on there right now........
Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a call in there eventually!
Coyote -

I heard you off and on coming over the pile. I waited til it quieted down and gave you a call. Don't know if you heard me because a hornet's nest of statons jumped in calling me. But just to let you know you were making the trip and sounding good.

Finally hooked up with Larry, DXMan in Wash. state. My God, you have a loud station. Clear as a bell. I only hope I sound half as good. Great to finally hook up, Larry.

- J.J. 399

i had bearcat 980 on in my truck today.white noise was bad but all i heard all day was 2 guys cussing insurance prices and that damsel running for president. ssb was dead on it too. ran 2 loads and was out of my daily limit but made it home. turned radio on after trip to water closet n supper n fell asleep in my recliner

DX was sporadic today. From noon until about 3pm, it was pretty good. After 3pm it was dead until about 4pm, when I got tired of listening to static and called "CQ-Dx."
Got a few comebacks, but not the usual hornet's nest. Just a few LOUD stations that were almost pegging my "S" meter. When i adjusted the DSP, I could hear several stations that normally hit me 5-7 but today were hardly moving my needle. I started answering the loud stations and asking what they were running. Almost everyone reported running a ham radio with an amp of 1Kw or more. One operator said he was running 3Kw and I believe it. He was pegging my meter with +30 over. I am amazed at how many operators are running really big power now-a-days.

- J.J. 399

Drove to the Med yesterday to buy some shelving, and new tires for my riding mover. Sears doesn't specify a size on their tires. I guess to force customers to buy from them. I wanted rear tires with an agressive thread so the tires wouldn't spin when going up the steep hills around the farm. I took a front and rear rim into town, and had the implement place match them up.

It was almost dark when I headed home. Halfway between San Vicente and Concepcion it started raining hard. A torrential downpour actually, and high winds too. Even with the wipers on high, I could barely make out the road. Roads are paved but not striped. I decided to stop and ride it out. Picked one hell of a place to stop as lightning bolts were striking the trees and the electric poles all around me. Finally subsided enough to see. Then I had to contend with fallen trees and large branches across the road. My tow chain and 4WD- low range managed to clear all of them enough to get through. Left the Med at 5pm. Usually a 2 hour drive to our farm. Got home at 1:30 am. Wanted to stop in Alejandria for a drink, but everything closed. Another fun adventure in Colombia.

- J.J. 399

DX was dead today. I tried calling CQ-DX, but the stations that answered my call were totally in the mud. I was monitoring from 1:30pm until 6pm. NADA ! At least I got to work on my SDR and DSP setups.

- J.J. 399
Don't feel alone, I turned on the Cobra 2000 this morning and it was in the toilet so I didn't waste my time. When I ran for parts I turned the mobile on to check and right back off again. But I did get my coal stove finished rebuilding, put back together and reinstalled so it wasn't a wasted day ! Fall is right around the corner and got 2 of the President BT Mikes ordered from Amazon also so have something to look forward to.

DX was dead today. I tried calling CQ-DX, but the stations that answered my call were totally in the mud. I was monitoring from 1:30pm until 6pm. NADA ! At least I got to work on my SDR and DSP setups.

- J.J. 399
yea, my ride home from 3:30-4:00 was dead, made for a boring ride. Yesterday someone was singing The Gospel, not sure where from, but Reverend was cheering him on, from out in LA, that was very interesting.

The last couple of weeks the conditions during my commute times haven't been good enough for dx.

Today on the other hand, the audio would come in strong then weak. I went for it and called cq then to my surprise 358 Queensland Australia called back. Had a nice qso with the mate and conditions were gone after. I'll take it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.