• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Yesterday the commute home gave the privilege of working several stations in Jamaica. The commute home today I had the pleasure of a nice clear and lengthy qso with 369 in the Big Island of Hawaii. Shortly after qso's with 104, 145 and 702 Jamaica and let me tell you that 702 had some fantastic audio.

Nice to finally get some dx in this part of the world!

It's 9:30 AM EST. Gonna hit the shack and check the DX Propagation. If it's good I will be on the air until it dies out. Then gonna tear the statiion down and install the SDR setup in the 139XLR. Hope it works OK.

- J.J. 399
While traveling in the hills with my mobile and my DX979 and K40 I heard South America come bombing in so my ears perked up and listened more. Then the operator mentioned running a Cobra 139 and sooner or later I hear 399 JJ so you were Kickin Butt here in N/E PA. Unfortunately for me I was running Barefoot but I did try to shout hoping for a miracle. But you were sounding good along with Northern Ireland and many others. The leaves are starting to change & drop and it appears as if DX is starting but it will be a while before the hills are skeletonize.

It's 9:30 AM EST. Gonna hit the shack and check the DX Propagation. If it's good I will be on the air until it dies out. Then gonna tear the statiion down and install the SDR setup in the 139XLR. Hope it works OK.

- J.J. 399
I heard you too, JJ. You were booming into west Texas and doing all the good this morning. I called a few times, but like others, I just couldn't make the trip....
Weather has kept me off the radio most of the day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.