• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone Ares 2 with RFX95HD Install

My limited experince with NPC is that you want to have low carrier with forward swing. The idea of getting all of your power out of the radio is basicly a@$ backwards and you have to run external amplification. Again look at guys ont he Bowl!

So mosfet finals likely are not the best way to go. That said who is going to take the time to put bipolars in this radio?

So if we assume we need more headroom and dynamic range at the very least you might need to explor higher power mosefets ran at lower carrier to get more forward swing?

This is me talking out my rear though since I only ordered this unit about 3o minutes ago and have not tried anything! Just want to be clear I am talking out my rear.

All of that said most guy running NPC and the like are running multiple external amps!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m