• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

That is normal. 15m is a "gift band" - the factory makes no performance claims for 15m. In testing we have found a slight reduction in RX sensitivity, and on TX we see between 40-60w PEP. It's quite useable.
The TX output on 15m remains clean with harmonic suppression still achieving around -58dBc at the band edges (it's better than this again on 12/11/10m). Not a bad result for a "10m" radio!
Mine does 49 PEP on 25m. No complaints from me, especially when 10 and 12 are in the toilet and 15 is cracking!

I’m running one and it’s been great 10m through 15m. I’ve even tested a vox setup for ft8 right through the mic!

Attachments

• IMG_9871.jpeg
    IMG_9871.jpeg
    795 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Pez and TM86
Is there any way to adjust the frequency calibration? Mine is off frequency a bit, but without access to the service menu, it's impossible to properly calibrate. My Lincoln II+ is a breeze to calibrate ... via the service menu. Every other HF radio I own has a way to adjust the frequency, either via software (IC-7300) or via trim pot (Kenwood TS-590SG). I use a GPSDO Flexradio, so I can get my radios spot on ... as long as there is an adjustment point.

By the way, absolutely loving my new QT80. Best 10m mobile ever, and I've pretty much had 'em all.

Is there any way to adjust the frequency calibration? Mine is off frequency a bit, but without access to the service menu, it's impossible to properly calibrate. My Lincoln II+ is a breeze to calibrate ... via the service menu. Every other HF radio I own has a way to adjust the frequency, either via software (IC-7300) or via trim pot (Kenwood TS-590SG). I use a GPSDO Flexradio, so I can get my radios spot on ... as long as there is an adjustment point.

By the way, absolutely loving my new QT80. Best 10m mobile ever, and I've pretty much had 'em all.
If you don't have access to service mode, you can't do it. I have yet to see a radio from Qixiang off, out of the box.

If you don't have access to service mode, you can't do it. I have yet to see a radio from Qixiang off, out of the box.
Mine is off a little. 20Hz off on USB. Pretty darned good for a Chinese export-style radio. But 20Hz is enough to just start barely noticing on voice and is a bit annoying. The workaraound of course is to set the clarifier to receive and transmit and just slide down 20Hz to get it on frequency. The shame is that it would be very easily corrected with a proper adjustment point. I use a GPS disciplined oscillator controlled Flex radio here in the shack to do my frquency calibrations, so I do have the proper equipment.

I guess I'll just have to live with the 20Hz error. That's a small price to pay for such an excellent radio. Still excellent frequency accuracy especially out of the box. And it's nice and stable too.

Reactions: c64new
Mine is off a little. 20Hz off on USB. Pretty darned good for a Chinese export-style radio. But 20Hz is enough to just start barely noticing on voice and is a bit annoying. The workaraound of course is to set the clarifier to receive and transmit and just slide down 20Hz to get it on frequency. The shame is that it would be very easily corrected with a proper adjustment point. I use a GPS disciplined oscillator controlled Flex radio here in the shack to do my frquency calibrations, so I do have the proper equipment.

I guess I'll just have to live with the 20Hz error. That's a small price to pay for such an excellent radio. Still excellent frequency accuracy especially out of the box. And it's nice and stable too.
Sorry but I don't understand: you can't access or you don't know how to access the service menu?

Sorry but I don't understand: you can't access or you don't know how to access the service menu?
The access to the service menu was deactivated in the production models. The method shown on the youtube videos does not work. Evidently, Qixiang does not want end users who don't know what they are doing bricking their radios, which I understand, but preventing any way to calibrate frequency is going too far. As any radio ages, even if its on frequency when new, it will need small calibrations over time.

If Qixiang doesn't want us in the service menu, and I don't blame them, they need to at least add a menu function where the frequency calibration can be fine tuned. This is literally the only radio in the history of radios where there is absolutely no way to calibrate the frequency. There are no trim pots inside the radio, so software is how they would have to do it, like how the Icom 7300 does it. I'd love to see a firmware update giving us this feature, even if it only gives us +/- 100Hz from the factory calibration, that would be enough to properly dial it in.

The access to the service menu was deactivated in the production models. The method shown on the youtube videos does not work. Evidently, Qixiang does not want end users who don't know what they are doing bricking their radios, which I understand, but preventing any way to calibrate frequency is going too far. As any radio ages, even if its on frequency when new, it will need small calibrations over time.

If Qixiang doesn't want us in the service menu, and I don't blame them, they need to at least add a menu function where the frequency calibration can be fine tuned. This is literally the only radio in the history of radios where there is absolutely no way to calibrate the frequency. There are no trim pots inside the radio, so software is how they would have to do it, like how the Icom 7300 does it. I'd love to see a firmware update giving us this feature, even if it only gives us +/- 100Hz from the factory calibration, that would be enough to properly dial it in.
Yeah I cannot get into the service menu on my 6666pro as stated on some videos online.

Reactions: Wayfarer

That's a great idea for a firmware update, if it is possible to manipulate the hardware to do this. I can't say I completely agree with you or Qixiang on this though. They don't warranty the radio, so once you buy it, you are dead to them. Why should they care if you toast your own radio?

You are right, I thought the YouTube video would work but it doesn't work for me either. So the AT-6666Pro in Jirka Kobylisy's video has a different firmware or with some internal jumper the function will unlock or simply the sequence and type of keys to press have changed.

Last edited:
That's a great idea for a firmware update, if it is possible to manipulate the hardware to do this. I can't say I completely agree with you or Qixiang on this though. They don't warranty the radio, so once you buy it, you are dead to them. Why should they care if you toast your own radio?
There were frequency adjustment options in the engineering menu in those youtube videos. If it can be done in the engineering menu, it can be done in software. All Qixiang needs to do is move that option from the engineering menu into the regular user-accessible menu. Plus maybe "dumb it down" a little like limiting the adjustment range so nobody screws up there radio too badly.

Suggestion:
Long press "Func" to get into the menu, rotate the channel knob to, say, "FRQ.ADJ," push the ch. knob, rotate the ch. knob again to select the mode that you want to adjust, press the ch. knob yet again, which will then bring up +/- 100Hz in 5Hz increments. Finally press the ch. knob one last time to lock in the setting and return to the main menu list.

Easy peasy! ... if only they would implement it ...

Last edited:
You are right, I thought the YouTube video would work but it doesn't work for me either. So the AT-6666Pro in Jirka Kobylisy's video has a different firmware or with some internal jumper the function will unlock or simply the sequence and type of keys to press have changed.
There are 3 2pin jumpers one of them might be for service menu? The 3 pin jumper at front for Freq conversion

20240825_195658.jpg

The service mode access key was changed in the current firmware version. The firmware in the video, is an older version, that is easier to access.

OK these last posts have me confused. So I bought mine from Scott's and he did alignments to mine and many others but you guys say that yours are different?
Our radios are fine, no need to worry. I'm just nit-picky and ocd about getting my radio that last 20Hz to be exactly on frequency.

If our radios are coming from the factory only 20Hz off or less, then they are already better than 99% of all the other radios out there.

As far as I can tell, these radios are good to go coming right out of the factory, unlike the older radios that benefited from a good peak and tune. I'm very pleased with mine, and the covers have never been off.

Reactions: c64new and Pez

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.