• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

BERINGER 802

How is the built in reverb on that 1002fx unit? Can you get the delay time really short?

Many, many Ham radio operators run a slight digital delay, they just won't admit to it and say "Oh, must be my room acoustics"...yeah, right :censored:
yes it has short delay or reverb, you can mix the FX in to suit your needs.
It also has a delay thats like a double talker.
Its not a bad unit.

How is the built in reverb on that 1002fx unit? Can you get the delay time really short?

Many, many Ham radio operators run a slight digital delay, they just won't admit to it and say "Oh, must be my room acoustics"...yeah, right :censored:
Unless the operator is using a D104 cranked up or your listening to the Canadian moron on 14.313, I have never heard anyone on the Ham bands using reverb.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Unless the operator is using a D104 cranked up or your listening to the Canadian moron on 14.313, I have never heard anyone on the Ham bands using reverb.

One of the worst things to do is place your gear in front of a hard surface like a cement wall for shacks in the basement or in a tiny alcove. he sound reflections can definitely be heard. As for using reverb on the ham bands, I am sure some use (probably ex-CBers) but is most definitely not as common as some would like to believe. In fact I have heard it ONCE in the 25+ years as a ham and it was an Italian station.

ECHO on ham bands??
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
OP I know put a sadelta echo mic wired to his kenwood rig.

Tuned up his Drake L4B into his phased delta loops on 20 meters, started asking for help adjusting his outboard gear to get HI FI SSB sounds.

We drank a few cold adult beverages listening to all the suggestions that were recommended. Some ops actually said he sounded great with nice lows and clear clean mids and highs, studio quality sound.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Should have heard the language when he finally told them he had a CB echo mic wired for his Kenwood:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

ECHO on ham bands??
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
OP I know put a sadelta echo mic wired to his kenwood rig.

Tuned up his Drake L4B into his phased delta loops on 20 meters, started asking for help adjusting his outboard gear to get HI FI SSB sounds.

We drank a few cold adult beverages listening to all the suggestions that were recommended. Some ops actually said he sounded great with nice lows and clear clean mids and highs, studio quality sound.:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Should have heard the language when he finally told them he had a CB echo mic wired for his Kenwood:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

You could do that and tell everyone you talk to that they must be picking you up direct as well as after a complete trip around the world. LOL I have worked a few stations like that on 20m. They had an echo with the antenna pointed directly at them but the echo disappeared when the beam was rotated so they were on the backside thus rejecting the weaker around the world trip.

Reactions: wavrider
Yeah, I always was in awe over Angelo's(W8ERN) voice and even more his mannerisms and radio etiquette. His voice reminded me of the late Paul Harvey from the A.M. commercial stations.

I thought that clip of his audio would be good to point out that all you need is a good radio, good mic, and speak up with an intelligible voice, you don't need a bunch of external pro audio gear much less echo and reverb either.

Best to use pro audio gear for pro audio work.
Very nice soothing audio and as you said foourstringburn "his mannerisms & radio etiquette" are excellent!

Exactly, that is when the 802 is not the mixer to use for transmit, to filter the receive with a powered speaker is another story.

But the CBers and amateurs you're listening to are also transmitting with transceivers capped at 3kHz so again its still doing nothing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.