• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREQUENCY AND TIME FOR CONTACTS

Keep it simple my friend. Just pick a number and make it unique. I'm 226 west Texas, because that's my birthday. 2/26
A lot of people go this route. I can tell you that I don't care for long call signs when working dx. I heard a station recently, he was RCT-1239. It took him 3 times calling out before I got all of it. So again, keep it simple and unique.
You're close to Waco??

Edit: if you're talking to another country, yes you can use the country code. 2. There are several other ways as well. "State side" is one I've heard and use as well.

@BC Coyote needs to chime in here. He would probably be more help than me.
Yeah, I'm in Valley Mills. I used to live out in West Texas many years ago though.....Post, Texas to be specific! LOL

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Length on matching stubs is critical...Length of rods is part of the overall antenna...Would appear antenna is too Long...same on Both Polarities or different?
  • @ Crawdad:
    Here's a thought: Could the length of the SS welding rod need to be different than what the broken rod(s) were due to a different Velocity Factor of SS?
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Close to the same. Thats the rout I was going. But needed a second opinion. Thanks cranking the hazer up and down testing was getting to an old man. Upper 90s here. Cheers 297 The red dog north Alabama.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.