• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Radioddity QT-60 *Pro*

Yes, it is definitely for real. Helen Lu from the
Radioddity Support Team confirmed it in an email sent to me yesterday.

Hello Donald,

Thanks for reaching out to Radioddity Support! I am Helen and I'm happy to assist you with this.

The new QT60 stock we are selling now has an upgrade, and the body has become shorter. The following pictures show the dimensions of the old version of the QT60:

Dingtalk_20240726104125-a5e7013d-8426-4c10-ba01-bd9bba1fd130.jpg
Hope this information is helpful to you!

Regards,
Helen Lu
Radioddity Support Team

My new Radioddity QT60 Pro arrived today. I am really shocked by how quickly it arrived. So far it seems to be performing better than the Q5N2 it is replacing but I haven't had much time yet to make some contacts. I'm just relying on what it sounds like on the Lincoln beside it.

I was also surprised that it arrived with both tamper seals already cut. Maybe someone at Customs cut it open to make sure nothing nefarious was being smuggled inside.

Here are some pics of the new QT60-Pro against the old Q5N2 and also a few of my humble, in need of a good tidy, radio shack (i.e. radio desk).

20240801_134648 - Copy.jpg

20240801_135000 - Copy.jpg
20240801_135046 - Copy.jpg

20240801_135123 - Copy.jpg

20240801_135149 - Copy.jpg

20240801_141410 - Copy.jpg

20240801_141435 - Copy.jpg

20240801_145112 - Copy.jpg

20240801_145141 - Copy.jpg

My new Radioddity QT60 Pro arrived today. I am really shocked by how quickly it arrived. So far it seems to be performing better than the Q5N2 it is replacing but I haven't had much time yet to make some contacts. I'm just relying on what it sounds like on the Lincoln beside it.

I was also surprised that it arrived with both tamper seals already cut. Maybe someone at Customs cut it open to make sure nothing nefarious was being smuggled inside.

Here are some pics of the new QT60-Pro against the old Q5N2 and also a few of my humble, in need of a good tidy, radio shack (i.e. radio desk).

View attachment 69667

View attachment 69668
View attachment 69669

View attachment 69670

View attachment 69671

View attachment 69672

View attachment 69673

View attachment 69674

View attachment 69675
Was the expansion wire cut when you received it?

I was also surprised that it arrived with both tamper seals already cut.
This is not what I would expect getting a radio new from Radioddity, but if you have a good working radio on your hands, then it's still a good radio, so I wouldn't worry personally.
I hope you have a good run with this one.

Reactions: TimmyTheTorch
This is not what I would expect getting a radio new from Radioddity, but if you have a good working radio on your hands, then it's still a good radio, so I wouldn't worry personally.
I hope you have a good run with this one.
I thought that was odd as well. That has not been the case in any of my radios from them, so I asked them about this.

SL

I just sent them an email and pictures of the damaged seals. Now I wish I hadn't snipped the white wire. I also thought that maybe Radioddity get the radios from Anytone and has to open the case to add their own magic sauce to it. But doubtful that is the case. Maybe it was a test or returned unit. Who knows.

I just want to catch a break and just be able to use a radio without a bunch of drama around it

I just sent them an email and pictures of the damaged seals. Now I wish I hadn't snipped the white wire. I also thought that maybe Radioddity get the radios from Anytone and has to open the case to add their own magic sauce to it. But doubtful that is the case. Maybe it was a test or returned unit. Who knows.

I just want to catch a break and just be able to use a radio without a bunch of drama around it
I emailed them too. Frankly, if the radio is in as new condition, you would have had to break the seals anyway. You do have a warranty, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Radioddity replied to my email and guaranteed the radio I received is brand new and not a return etc. It looks brand new, seems to be working great so far, so it's all good with me.

Hopefully this radio will have a long and healthy life with me. But I won't bet on it. ;)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I've been using my new QT60 Pro quite a bit over the past few days and it is having none of the issues my Q5N2 was having. This was using the same power supply, power cable, mic, coax, switches, even the same chair. No dimming of the display, SSB modulation sounds crisp and strong on my monitor radio, power level is great.

Most of the time I stick to SSB but conditions were working better for me on AM recently. I've had great contacts and all reported a strong signal and clear modulation. The SSB contacts I have had said the same. I tested it both by itself and also with the Carl Built 200HD with the C transistors. I stick to 30-35 watts PEP into the 200HD since anything above that is probably just asking for trouble, plus it makes very little difference into the output at least on my Daiwa CN-901HP meter.

This has been with my horizontal Maco M104C that's up about 35 feet.

Now to see if I can disable PA/CW/FM modes. Where's my screwdriver. Kidding!

Now to see if I can disable PA/CW/FM modes
Why would you want to disable FM? Some of the most fun I had on the radio when the skip was hot last spring was on 26.805 FM. Made literally hundreds of contacts all over North America and into Australia, Ireland, Jamaica and Alaska as well......... just running 150 watts FM into an A-99 or a Horizontal Delta Loop.

When things get crazy on 385 and 555, check out 26.805 FM!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.