• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Radioddity QT-60 *Pro*

I've been using my new QT60 Pro quite a bit over the past few days and it is having none of the issues my Q5N2 was having. This was using the same power supply, power cable, mic, coax, switches, even the same chair. No dimming of the display, SSB modulation sounds crisp and strong on my monitor radio, power level is great.

Most of the time I stick to SSB but conditions were working better for me on AM recently. I've had great contacts and all reported a strong signal and clear modulation. The SSB contacts I have had said the same. I tested it both by itself and also with the Carl Built 200HD with the C transistors. I stick to 30-35 watts PEP into the 200HD since anything above that is probably just asking for trouble, plus it makes very little difference into the output at least on my Daiwa CN-901HP meter.

This has been with my horizontal Maco M104C that's up about 35 feet.

Now to see if I can disable PA/CW/FM modes. Where's my screwdriver. Kidding!
Good stuff! FYI, You can disable modes with the PC software. But keep FM. It's a great mode.

Why would you want to disable FM? Some of the most fun I had on the radio when the skip was hot last spring was on 26.805 FM. Made literally hundreds of contacts all over North America and into Australia, Ireland, Jamaica and Alaska as well......... just running 150 watts FM into an A-99 or a Horizontal Delta Loop.

When things get crazy on 385 and 555, check out 26.805 FM!
Okay, time to own up to more ignorance. I did not even know that FM can be used for DX. I have never spoken to or even heard another soul on FM around here, or anywhere for that matter, but I am definitely going to try.

But I have spoken to many people using the PA function and a small loudspeaker installed in the engine compartment back in my teenage years (I lack enough fingers and toes and arms and legs to count back far enough to identify when that took place) when we were allowed to get away with such tomfoolery. I embarrass my wife enough in public at times without the PA, amplifying the volume would be fun. For me that is. For her, probably not so much.

Try 26.805 FM you can use fm on any channel you want…
26.805 is the international FM call channel and there are hundreds of folks all over the world on there. Here in North America we have the "Original 26.805 FM Group" which also numbers its members in the hundreds as well, so there are lots of potential contacts to make on there !

I bought my QT60 Pro from Radioddity just a few days before their 20 percent sale started. That's just how I seem to roll. ;)

I did send an inquiry to their customer support last Friday to see if there's any way I can get refunded the 20 percent difference. I figure it doesn't hurt to at least ask. I haven't heard anything back yet but it was the start of the weekend and I hope they are taking time off work and living life.

In the meantime, the radio is performing well and I am happy with it.

I bought my QT60 Pro from Radioddity just a few days before their 20 percent sale started. That's just how I seem to roll. ;)

I did send an inquiry to their customer support last Friday to see if there's any way I can get refunded the 20 percent difference. I figure it doesn't hurt to at least ask. I haven't heard anything back yet but it was the start of the weekend and I hope they are taking time off work and living life.

In the meantime, the radio is performing well and I am happy with it.

Just an update: I did end up receiving a refund for the amount I paid over the current price. No issues at all with getting it. So far, dealing with Radioddity has been a very nice experience.

Now I'm getting cornfused with this talk about the Radioddity QT 60 and the other day I thought I heard about a Radioddity QT 80 which seamed like a rebadged Q 6666 Pro. Anybody have the scoop on the QT 80 it seamed cheaper than the Q 6666 Pro ?

Now I'm getting cornfused with this talk about the Radioddity QT 60 and the other day I thought I heard about a Radioddity QT 80 which seamed like a rebadged Q 6666 Pro. Anybody have the scoop on the QT 80 it seamed cheaper than the Q 6666 Pro ?
AT-6666 PRO = QT80
AT-5555Nii (original long case version) = QT60
AT-5555Nii (new short case version) = QT60 PRO

It is the AT-5555N2 Short chassis QT-60 Pro

Reactions: whiteastro
It is the AT-5555N2 Short chassis QT-60 Pro
Yeah I wasn't aware of that short chassis. I would have bought a AT-5555N2 already if they didn't have their specialty mic hook up, but I need a 6 pin hook up so I could use a President BT Mike in my state. I get sick of sorting thru all the BS just to try to talk a little DX. Too many places to drop a dollar. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.