• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Bobby you are very welcome...Will get to the other one this morning... Dan
Here is the Kris XL 50. This is a very unique radio. I had one for awhile. It's the only mobile cb radio I know of that has 3 separate meters.

Attachments

• Kris XL 50_split_1.pdf
    19.7 MB · Views: 3
  • Kris XL 50_split_2.pdf
    12.2 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Here is the Kris XL 50. This is a very unique radio. I had one for awhile. It's the only mobile cb radio I know of that has 3 separate meters.
I have been eyeballing that model for some time now and the other day three popped up on ebay, Two of the three were in my price range so I slept on it. When I woke up the next day, there was only one left in my price range and it said someone else had it in their cart. So I had to beat them to the punch. Since you owned one what mics work best? Also, did you run it stock, or mod out the audio and receiver on yours? I plan to keep the limiter installed on mine, but short of really researching, I haven't come across a good mod list for it. Thanks again for your help. I have been putting all the manuals you sent me to good use.

I have been eyeballing that model for some time now and the other day three popped up on ebay, Two of the three were in my price range so I slept on it. When I woke up the next day, there was only one left in my price range and it said someone else had it in their cart. So I had to beat them to the punch. Since you owned one what mics work best? Also, did you run it stock, or mod out the audio and receiver on yours? I plan to keep the limiter installed on mine, but short of really researching, I haven't come across a good mod list for it. Thanks again for your help. I have been putting all the manuals you sent me to good use.
It was more of a collector item for me, didn't use it much and just used the stock mic that came with it...after the novelty wore off I sold it...lol

Does anyone have the photofacts for a Robyn 520D Base Station? I bought me a nice and clean base unit. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a million Dan. So quick!!!!!
A little time was spent enhancing the service manual along with a separate redrawn schematic. This model was one of the most popular CB’s during its day, especially among first time buyers. Radio Shack flooded the market with them. CB dealers were popping up everywhere during that period, but most were involved with sales profit and had little or no service expertise. The Shack took some of the risk out of buying a radio. If you had an occasional problem, the Shack was generally happy to assist or make a return. In some remote regions, the Shack was your only option. For these reasons, it’s no wonder why you still see so many of them at garage sales or on Ebay. During CB’s peak period, everybody had to have a CB and the TRC-24C was a top seller. Like all older radios, except for aging crystals going off frequency or caps going bad over time, this model still performs remarkably well after a little TLC.
Realistic TRC 24C Schematic.jpg

Attachments

• Realistic TRC 24C service manual.pdf
    13.8 MB · Views: 7
Dude you're killing it. Do you by chance have anything on a Peirce Simpson Tiger 40(Non-A) Model. Google tells me it's found in Sams CB-168. Can't thank you enough. You're most defiantly keeping my CB Radios alive.
Will check... Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.