• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Tiger 40 here you go... Dan
Dan buddy, thanks a million . Im starting to get quite the collection going. I just won a Realistic TRC-450, and a few other radios on eBay that sold by the lot. If the TRC-450 works then I was worth what I payed for the lot alone. So with this being said if you have the manual for the 450 I could use it just in case. This should be my last radio for awhile, until I can add more shelves onto my big L-shaped desk at home. Thanks again.

Dan buddy, thanks a million . Im starting to get quite the collection going. I just won a Realistic TRC-450, and a few other radios on eBay that sold by the lot. If the TRC-450 works then I was worth what I payed for the lot alone. So with this being said if you have the manual for the 450 I could use it just in case. This should be my last radio for awhile, until I can add more shelves onto my big L-shaped desk at home. Thanks again.
Will check to see if I have it... Dan

Thanks bud for looking. I do have the service manual to get by on. Maybe someone else in the forum might have a copy of the photo facts for it.
Try this on for size!!!
Sorry I had to break it into three pieces to get it to go through.

Attachments

• CB-219_Cobra_140GTL-142GTL-Part1.pdf
    25.5 MB · Views: 10
  • CB-219_Cobra_140GTL-142GTL-Part2.pdf
    27.8 MB · Views: 7
  • CB-219_Cobra_140GTL-142GTL-Part3.pdf
    28.4 MB · Views: 7
Does this look like it?

Does this look like it?
Digging a little deeper, Mecoa is most likely the still extant "Model Engine Company or America". IOW, they were probably dabbling in CB at the height of the craze to make an extra buck, but it wasn't their main line of business. So any radio bearing that name was most likely done by a contract manufacturer. If you can find another radio that looks like it, that's probably your best bet for finding service info.

There apparently weren't enough units sold by Mecoa of any of their offerings to be in Sam's under their own name.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.