• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

Yall are awesome. Thank everyone for the info and thank you for keeping this hobby alive.
Here's the owners manual... I have CB-243 that covers that model....give me some time to scan the info you want... Dan

Attachments

• cobra_87gtl_om.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 4
Let me check and see if I have that volume... Dan
would you happen to have a photofact for the Cobra 139xlr. This is another personal radio I'm recapping. I do have the operations manual and (BOM) for this radio. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Here's the schematic...scanning the parts list... Dan
Here's the parts list for the 87 gtl.... thanks TM86 for the assist...got my speed back... Dan

Attachments

• Cobra 87 GTL006.pdf
    465.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Cobra 87 GTL005.pdf
    622.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Cobra 87 GTL004.pdf
    473.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Cobra 87 GTL003.pdf
    585.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Cobra 87 GTL002.pdf
    884.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Cobra 87 GTL001.pdf
    898.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you. If anyone has a complete (bom)or parts list that would be extremely helpful. I bought this base off eBay and want to restore. It has 2 burnt resistors near the final section that I can no longer read the color bands on them.
I know it’s aggravating, but Sam’s (except for some of the early radios) negated to list the resistors in their parts pages. It has become a two step process. Download the CB-243 Cobra 87gtl pdf file that Shummy posted. The resistors in question will be either on page 14 or 15. Study the schematic in that same pdf file. It will give you the values related to all those R numbers. Good hunting.....

I have almost a complete set of Sams PhotoFacts for CB. If anyone needs info on a specific cb radio just like me know and I will see if I have that Volume. KEEP CB ALIVE!
Help I need them all the time. I am buried in repairs atm. I need cb 113 and cb 137. I am hoping I can find the alignment for the shakespeare gbs 5000 by looking at a similar model or to see how close I can get an idea and get it back home soon. Thanks. J shop down under

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • dxBot:
    deathstalker has left the room.