• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 and 12 m exports

Like another subject...I install Mac OS X on PC's ( there a whole community that does this)..Apple does not like this..BUT people do it anyway... As long as there are rules, people will try to circumvent them..No matter what it pertains to...

T23

Like another subject...I install Mac OS X on PC's ( there a whole community that does this)..Apple does not like this..BUT people do it anyway... As long as there are rules, people will try to circumvent them..No matter what it pertains to...

T23

OH you are crazy, you cannot install OS X on a PC!

I have an OS X disc and an IBM ThinkPad, tell me how, in great detail, THEN I will believe you :D

Yes thats fine in all but I dont see the "point" of why hams complain about "10m freebanders" when most of the time AM is used and USB and FM are most common on 10m. So how does this inconvenience legal operators so that all this negative feedback is necessary?

T23

well, just tune around on 10 and listen, you might want to start on 28.305 and listen to the azzhole bootleggers on AM with their echo boxes and stupid roger beeps.

then tune a little LOWER into the CW subband and there they are again, azzhole bootleggers on AM:thumbdown:

Happy Hammer, There are many different methods of doing so... You can emulate the Macs "BIOS" or EFI with a bootloader and go from there, there are prepatched DVD ISO images that have this built in, its basically a modified Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard DVD with the above mentioned emulated EFI bootloader. Or you can just put the EFI emulated bootloader on a bootable CD and the swap out that disk after you boot from it and then put a RETAIL APPLE SOLD DVD in you tray and boot and install, after said install you simply install the related drivers ( or in the Apple world there called "kexts" ) and install the EFI emulated bootloader onto your hard disk.

I could go on in further detail but this is not the OSx86 forum...

Email me if you want every little detail explained...

Also you can visit the OSx86 community forum ------> osx86.co

00010.osx86.project@gmail.com

T23

well, just tune around on 10 and listen, you might want to start on 28.305 and listen to the azzhole bootleggers on AM with their echo boxes and stupid roger beeps.

then tune a little LOWER into the CW subband and there they are again, azzhole bootleggers on AM:thumbdown:

And that's the crux of the problem, years of ZERO enforcement and looking the other way by the FCC has created a mentality of "anything goes" and "it's my God given right to do any d@mn thing I please, if you don't like it, tough". It's always the law abiding and those who choose to play by the rules because it's the right thing to do that get dumped on, from both sides.

With all due respect, Moleculo, the courts don't always follow the written law. They spend a fair amount of time reading between the lines, finding intent that was never there, playing to the winds of political expediency, inventing and writing law that the politicians won't touch and their newest fancy, making rulings based on foreign laws as to how they would like to mold this country and they do so without electoral repercussions. So, while I could waste several hours trying to understand the legalese (I made it to page 5 of the first attachment), I'll refrain as I have better things to do with my time. And, no, those radios still don't pass my smell test as being intended for the amateur radio market despite what any self important judge has to say. :laugh:

Yes thats fine in all but I dont see the "point" of why hams complain about "10m freebanders" when most of the time AM is used and USB and FM are most common on 10m. So how does this inconvenience legal operators so that all this negative feedback is necessary?

T23

I think you need to better understand the difference between frequencies and modes of operation. An AM signal on 28.105 will certainly interfere with ANY other signal on the same frequency regardless of what mode the other signal is.

That is the point of it all, that list of radios put out there was from a self important field officer of the FCC.

I have seen this battle go on because of that "banned radio list" and finally now the boot is on the other foot.

This would be a good example for gun control

Guns don't kill people, people talk on 11 meter illegally :confused:

( guns don't kill people, people kill people - radios don't talk on 11 meter illegally, people talk on 11 meter illegally )

WOW that is a deep thought :p

And that's the crux of the problem, years of ZERO enforcement and looking the other way by the FCC has created a mentality of "anything goes" and "it's my God given right to do any d@mn thing I please, if you don't like it, tough". It's always the law abiding and those who choose to play by the rules because it's the right thing to do that get dumped on, from both sides.

With all due respect, Moleculo, the courts don't always follow the written law. They spend a fair amount of time reading between the lines, finding intent that was never there, playing to the winds of political expediency, inventing and writing law that the politicians won't touch and their newest fancy, making rulings based on foreign laws as to how they would like to mold this country and they do so without electoral repercussions. So, while I could waste several hours trying to understand the legalese (I made it to page 5 of the first attachment), I'll refrain as I have better things to do with my time. And, no, those radios still don't pass my smell test as being intended for the amateur radio market despite what any self important judge has to say. :laugh:

Well how is it that I dont hear AM folks on my radio while I am on SSB if y'all say it "causes interferance", Not even static...

T23

Well how is it that I dont hear AM folks on my radio while I am on SSB if y'all say it "causes interferance", Not even static...

T23

If they are on the same channel/frequency then you WILL hear them. Guaranteed. 100%. Period. Can't tell me you won't because you will. It's gonna happen. Get the point? :D I've been in radio for almost 34 years, from CB to shortwave and ham radio, and a career in commercial AM/FM broadcasting, and I have used a lot of different radios in the time and 100% of them would detect an AM signal when tuned to the same channel/frequency as the AM signal when in SSB mode. Note I said "detect" meaning hear it but not necessarily "decode" it meaning be able to tell what is being said. The AM carrier mixes with the SSB receivers BFO signal and produces a nasty howl (called heterodyne)if tuned slightly off frequency. If the SSB receiver is tuned EXACTLY to the frequency of the AM signal (called zero beating) then the SSB receiver will be able to copy the AM signal perfectly clearly.

all the people that want the FCC to "crack down" on export radios, restrict radio sales, and confiscate all the illegal radio equipment in the country need to remember something.

what you are advocating is bordering on fascism, and that is a VERY slippery slope once you start down that path.

when you cannot control the will of an individual, so you control his environment in order to illicit your desired outcome; that is fascism.

should we put chips in cars that only allow you to go as fast as the posted speed limit?

some might see this as a positive, in that people would not be able to speed, but this country was founded on the principle of individual freedom.

inherent to that freedom is the freedom to choose not to obey the law, the freedom to disagree with what an authority figure tells you, and the freedom to risk the consequences of your illegal actions.

you cannot control what your neighbor thinks or feels, and you SHOULD NOT WANT TO!

There will always be idiots using their "export radio" on 10m, and there will always be people speeding through school zones.

By all means, do your part, report them, call the authoritative body in charge and file a complaint, but dont try to govern everyone according to the lowest common denominator.

should the whole class get detention because one kid smoked in the bathroom?
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.