• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 pill gator

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like instead of his amps bein on the A list they they are actually on the.......wait....wait......the Z LIST !!!!!!!!!!

ill be here all year....... :)

as i did find this all entertaining. lol i cant believe that someone would market those muchles be proud to say they built them, and for anyone owning them take them to a reputable shop and ask for a rebuild into something that will last. also change the name so you can sell it if it comes a day you want an upgrade.

they would make good amps for Adam to compare his amps to .

I saw a post on another forum where zman claims to achieve 2000 watts RMS at 14volts from his 10 pill.

Why is it that people lie about their product and the performance of it?

I am assuming that they believe most individuals are ignorant and will believe whatever they say.

I for one am tired of having my intelligence insulted, especially from a man who wears a mullet.

Oh, and he states he wouldn't run his amp that way all the time. Well how else is he going to run it? Isn't 14 volts normal for a charging 12 volt system?

10mpssk.jpg

oj2pkz.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a post on another forum where zman claims to achieve 2000 watts RMS at 14volts from his 10 pill.

Why is it that people lie about their product and the performance of it?

I am assuming that they believe most individuals are ignorant and will believe whatever they say.

I for one am tired of having my intellegence insulted, especially from a man who wears a mullet.

Oh, and he states he wouldn't run his amp that way all the time. Well how else is he going to run it? Isn't 14 volts normal for a charging 12 volt system?

10mpssk.jpg

oj2pkz.jpg

Nothing like an honest face to sell a product.

4j45rd.jpg

Well that post about sums it up.

DaveMades and Fatboys are made on an assembly line by elves.

You should try making a square wheel while your at it.

Respect! Give the man respect!

Can't wait for the Gator 64 pill

"Why is it that people lie about their product and the performance of it?"

it's not so much that he's lying about it but that he's too stupid to figure out that his equipment is lying to him and that IMD is a specification that needs to be ignored when making such ridiculous power output claims. a 2SC2879 is a 100W transistor. the IMD @ 100Wout is -24db..

furthermore there is no such thing as RMS power and in addition, 8X2SC2879's are not capable of producing 2000W of any kind of power @ 27 Mhz..

a true "AMPLIFIER" produces a "LINEAR" output signal while ALL boxes built by AmPower, Davemade, Destroyer, Fatboy, Gator & XForce that incorporate driver stages are nothing but RF SWITCHES. Fatboy goes a step further by erroniously claiming that their junk is LINEAR.

http://www.firecommunications.com/new1.txt

i have gone into great detail in explaining why they see what they do and identified the reasons behind the misleading measurements here:

Transmitter Power & Harmonic Line-Section OverSampling

to make a long story short, their failure to operate the devices within the manufacturers device specifications is responsible for the misleading measurements. line-section oversampling which occurs in even the best measuring devices is a major contributor to these misleading measurements.

to maintain any reasonable amount of IMD suppression beyond 100W for a 2SC2879 requires at the very least some additional low-pass output filtering when these devices exceed their stated manufacturers maximum ratings in addition to proper biasing for am/ssb applications.

as long as LPF and proper biasing is NEVER incorporated into these junk rf switches they can keep seeing and claiming these ridiculous power output levels from boxes using transistors that are not delivering these power levels, not at the intended operating frequencies.

the increase in efficiency of C over AB1 is a measly 15 - 20% and doesn't come close to justifying the claims made for this junk.

that's the game.

Last edited:
You make some very strong and accurate points freecell.

Root Mean Square (RMS or quadratic mean) is a unit of measurment to determine the magnitude of a varying amount.

For the measurement of sinusoids that have a variable time phase it's more a point of reference than an exact measurment.

All known theroy aside now, RMS is a term used when a hick amp builder wants you to think he knows what he is talking about.

No offense to all hicks, just the one's that make amps.

Last edited:
GLR,
The pic of that 3-pill, is not an amp that i built.
That is a amp that i fixed for person,then took it in on a partial trade for a 5-pill upgrade..
Thats is a fixed amp..used as well...
If you would like to see 1st hand pics or a live feed of my amps? Come to paltalk and u can see for yourself.

AMPOWER

GLR,
The pic of that 3-pill, is not an amp that i built.
That is a amp that i fixed for person,then took it in on a partial trade for a 5-pill upgrade..
Thats is a fixed amp..used as well...
If you would like to see 1st hand pics or a live feed of my amps? Come to paltalk and u can see for yourself.

AMPOWER

My apologies for the confusion.

For the record I would take one of your amps any day over a gator, if I was in the market for that type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.