• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Not too much radio time today but I did manage a few long contacts this afternoon to Saskatchewan, then on to Massachusetts and then made it on 2112 CB Lounge youtube channel on 36 LSB in Reno,NV. This morning I dropped below channel 1 on AM and made a couple of good contacts up to Ohio.

Tomorrow morning I'll be back on 38 LSB listening for the talk show coming out of Boston. I call it the Frankie and Mike show.

Tomorrow morning I'll be back on 38 LSB listening for the talk show coming out of Boston. I call it the Frankie and Mike show.
LOL! That sounds much more exciting than the show up here on 38. All we get is the 11111111111111111111 show. It is on the air 24/7/365. Usually it fades out with the skip, but last night it was still drifting in and out at midnight local time !

I was in my shop today monitoring everything from 27.325 to 27.455. EVERY channel had some fool (or fools) keying down and running their mouths. Ch 38 had the 1111111 guy all afternoon. Ch 40 had 2 guys talking BS . One was running massive power, and was so distorted, you could barely understand him. The other was strong (10+) but clear. Just BS talking and hogging the channel all afternoon, at least where I live. I never keyed up one time, except to make sure that I was on frequency. Didn't hear anyone calling CQ. Finally went to Ch 28 and shot some AM skip just before closing the shop. Weekends are a waste of time.

- 399 J.J.

LOL! That sounds much more exciting than the show up here on 38. All we get is the 11111111111111111111 show. It is on the air 24/7/365. Usually it fades out with the skip, but last night it was still drifting in and out at midnight local time !
The 111111111111111111111111 guy(located in northern Texas) has some 100% duty cycle equipment.I've heard him locked in for over 4 days straight !

Reactions: Rwb
EVERY channel had some fool (or fools)
Yeah weekends are bad for sure. I've been spending a lot of time on the FM channel. Also working international stations on USB around 27.555 is still fine for the most part.....seems like most of the idiots don't know how to switch from lower side LOL!
The 111111111111111111111111 guy(located in northern Texas) has some 100% duty cycle equipment.I've heard him locked in for over 4 days straight !
That must be the one I hear. I thought he was in Phoenix but Texas makes sense as well. He is literally 24/7/365 up here when the skip is in.

Last edited:
I had a fun time on 26.805 FM before work today........ lots of U.S. contacts and then the big surprise... EK030 from Limerick in Ireland ! I talk to Europe on sideband fairly often, but this would be the first time I've made it to Europe on FM. And on 70 watts and an Antron no less.......
That makes 6 countries for me in FM mode; US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and now Ireland.

Finally got on the air at 6:30pm our time. Still some pretty decent contacts. New Mexico, Tennessee, Washington State, California. All strong loud stations. Heard an Hawaiian station, but couldn't hook up with him. Too much traffic. Kept calling for the elusive WDX429, but no comeback.
EDIT: Chan 39.

- 399 J.J.

I'm still at work till late in the evening unfortunately. Got on .395 a minute ago hollered but no JJ

Last edited:
I was out there from 1:30 until 4pm (EST). Weak skip conditions today. Worked Can 37 & 39. Called CQ WDX429 (on & off) but no comeback. I think the DX Gods are against us. LOL
When I heard a station calling CQ, I would answer back . Talked to a operator (Corey) in Nova Scotia on ch 37 for several minutes. When we signed off, the channel lit up with people calling for him and me. I left it to him and moved to Ch 39. Talked to Mississippi, SoCal, Utah, and Spokane Washington. Called for WDX429 again, pero nada. Que sera sera.

- J.J. 399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.