• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

My ICOM 7700 will do PSK & RTTY without a computer but it never will as long as I own it. I own 45 Astatic D-104 desk microphones,7 HEIL studio microphones,2 headsets,an EV RE20 & a SHURE Super 55 so it's obvious that I like microphones & they are made for talking or performing & I do both with them. If I want to use a computer to talk with another computer I'll do what I'm doing here or with an email. I believe FT8,FT4 & other digital modes are for those who are LAZY & will not work for a tough contact & I feel if it's worth having it's worth working for it. If you work me it will be on PHONE ONLY on ANY Band. 73 {:>)
I agree!
FT8 is like Farmville for Amateur Radio!

I have zero interest in having my computer use up any amount of bandwidth on the Amateur bands just to talk to another computer often without the presence of an operator.

That is my personal opinion.

Greg
KT4RAM

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
I agree!
FT8 is like Farmville for Amateur Radio!

I have zero interest in having my computer use up any amount of bandwidth on the Amateur bands just to talk to another computer often without the presence of an operator.

That is my personal opinion.

Greg
KT4RAM
I think Farmville is a game of some sort but I don't play games either so it's a guess since I seem to remember seeing someone talking about it somewhere once. Yes, many FT8 stations are Unattended once they get it going. The set it & forget it which as we all know is not legal but so many don't care about Rules.

Reactions: YR Mason FL
XENIA 2023 J.jpg

XENIA 2023 "THE RAT PACK"
L/R KZ4RR / K9DRG / W8OX / W9FNB

View attachment 64623
XENIA 2023 "THE RAT PACK"
L/R KZ4RR / K9DRG / W8OX / W9FNB
Funny thing about 6 meters is that Lee-KZ4RR & I live about 30 miles apart & we have chatted many many times over the years & we never met face to face until we were both at Dayton Hamvention in 2013. We traveled that far to actually meet face to face. I met several others with the 6 meter crowd at the tent they had set up but I don't recall who they were? He is a great guy & runs a great station.

Clayton
W4KVW

MORE 2M FM SIMPLEX radio FUN/300+M...
Boone, NC (again!) ... Charlottsville, VA. ... Huntington, WVA
Several IL. 150-200+m range...(West of Chicago/nr Dixon) etc.

RIG: ICOM IC-9100/100w /Antenna Diamond FH23 monoband
3-5/8ths Wave Stacked Collinear @ 40ft base
connection.

HRD: London, Ont. CA ... Blue Grass, IA ... and Topeka, KS o_O

I wish that 10 "L" wide space was up there. :giggle: :coffee:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.