• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone use channel 16 SSB anymore?

Last Tuesday about 6am I called CQ for fun. Was in SC and chatted with an old guy in Nova Scotia on 16 lsb

have some AMers in my area that run 16am,and are real winners,ones a drunk,the other is a convicted murder and the other is a chomo...child molster if ya didnt know what a chomo is.So we {quite a few }run lsb when they get in there.Really like the mk3b on ssb,it rocks there world.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep,back in the 23 channel days 16 was for ssb...and now its 36 to 40 for ssb...you have some lids that like to run am on them,use to really give them hell yrs ago,but dont run 11mtrs much any more.

A few of us still use 16 LSB around here sometimes just for fun. 38 LSB has basically turned into another version of Ch. 6 AM so it's hard to have a decent QSO there.

I always did like 27.145 (15 A). It was the first place I went when I got a slider installed in my old TRC-47. To this day I like to use it to tune up. Lately I've been hearing a lot of stations out of Florida on that one.

Back in the day some of us also used 18 LSB and later 36-40.

I've been trying, but not much in the way of contacts. I did hear someone yesterday but they were too faint to make out.
I could hear their whistling though, so they may just have been working on a radio. tried flipping to am and couldn't hear anything, so I think they were sidebanding.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.