• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bells CB tune-up?

I totally agree with this statement but this goes back to finding the right person who is 100% legit.

I remember hearing people talk about how good their wackpack was....seriously, people were super happy with their radios and were recommending other people to get it done. The problem goes back to the fact that those people had no idea what a good radio was actually supposed to sound like. The blind leading the blind.

Here's what would be awesome (moderators listening?):

We have some serious experts on the forum and combined they have 100's of years of radio knowledge. Pick 10 shops that sell radios+do tunes/repairs and then pick 5 of our forum "experts" to review their youtube videos, posts, and any other information available they can find and then write up a short opinion for each of the shops. Lock it at the top and then you have a resource for everyone to use.

A thread with in-depth analysis by our experts would be worth 100 threads of "he did my radio and it talks great" suggestions :)
I think there's enough info on the net and here for anybody to make an intelligent choice instead of being spoon fed time and time again.
What may sound good to one person may sound like crap to another

Jon, is that Richard?
If so, I don't think he's doing CB anymore.
Last i remember he was doing a different type of radio tech work, but that was probably three years ago or more.

Either way, i agree. he was a heck of a tech.
Always had a good way of explaining complex problems too.
LC

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I think there's enough info on the net and here for anybody to make an intelligent choice instead of being spoon fed

If I could have found a definitive answer I wouldn't have asked. Hell, this post alone has given no real answer & only highlights why someone may ask or re-ask the question multiple times......

I thought my question was straight forward, a recommended shop to buy and have a radio tuned. And while many have been very helpful I've yet to find an online shop recommended for said purpose.

But thanks for being "search function" guy ~

yes it was Richard one hell of a tech. he used to do warranty work for magnum. like i said its been a few years

send 8541 a email. he is a great tech. or you can call him at 8541 Electronics is (910) 276-9693

My .02:
I got a 2970n4 from carl, 5 years back (about). I asked him to" just set it up right...". He did that and I had meany qso's dx, and local, and the radio was given high marks.
I also had Carl set up a dx500 and a "match up" with a Optima mk3.
That too was good work. I have sold the N4, and that Optima mk3 ( I still have a mk3 I'm, saving from Yeticom).
The person that I sold the N4 to is still happy with it, and the Optima is on the air and happy as well. I trust Carl to work on the rigs, He will do as you ask (good or bad) but will always tell you if your asking for some thing dumb he will tell you the whys about it.....
This is just my experience with Bells.
Oh, and in the video's that is Carl the voice comes and goes as he talks and to who and when. Carl is a good guy in my book.
Oh one thing. Carl only works on things sold by his shop when new...or if your lucky on old jobs not from him.
Just my Exp.

If I could have found a definitive answer I wouldn't have asked. Hell, this post alone has given no real answer & only highlights why someone may ask or re-ask the question multiple times......

I thought my question was straight forward, a recommended shop to buy and have a radio tuned. And while many have been very helpful I've yet to find an online shop recommended for said purpose.

But thanks for being "search function" guy ~
Nothing about radio is definitive. If your research told you that Bells was good, what more are you looking for? Sometimes in life you just have to trust yourself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.