• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese Clone???

This mic is really something.

Currently, I have a Road Devil, original NOS RK56, Astatic 636L, SRA-158 and an SRA-198. When I switch these mics between several different radios, everyone pics the JMR.

I don't mention which mic I'm switching to so they can't be biased in commenting.

The JMR wins on my CRE, 2970n2 and my TS-590.

got my JMR clone mic today, from a few contacts and listening on another radio while doing some mic swaps i can say this mic really sounds good, only tried it on one radio(optima mk3) doesnt look or feel like a $20 mic, its heavy all metal housing, switch feels good, its a pretty odd shaped mic compared to most hand mics but nice and small, its labled the super star sharp shooter. it has a new 6v battery that comes pre installed and a tag with it that says fully tested before shipping.

Reactions: 1 person
I really liked the one I had. I got good audio reports also. The one I had had stripped threads from factory. I rigged it up then gave it to a friend.

I actually like how they fit in your hand. The price is a bonus as well.

I like the looks of the 007 mic that bob85 posted. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/showthread.php?p=414988

i ordered another one of these superstar sharp shooters today, i tried it in the mobile on the maxlog m-8800 and it sounds great on this radio also, from the recordings i did it the tone and audio quality sound the same as my original rk56 but the superstar is louder.

It has a unique shape, but do they tell you what kind of element it has in it, or does it require any voltage to it?
- 'Doc

i havent taken it apart yet, it does come with a new 6v battery already installed. i have been running the level knob at the mid way point.

Should'a looked before asking anything. Saw where it's 'powered' so it's an electret mic element. What's the 'second' button for, the one in the finger section of the mic?
- 'Doc

Got the SUPER STAR SHARP SHOOTER today. Really fast shipping. Feels weird in my hand. I like it alot. Nice and loud. Good reports from my 2970. Had to back way down on the mic gain. I regularly run a 636 on that radio. Waiting on a 575M6 to arrive in the mail any day now.

i would suggest replacing the cheapo china alkaline battery that comes in the mic with a duracell batt(photo batt 28L), i measured the voltage on the batt that came in mine and it was 5.9-6.0V, the replacement duracell has 6.5v and is a lithium battery

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.