• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 142gtl

Yep, that socket will work fine. When you install the PLL, you have to install it so the dot on the PLL chip itself matches the location of the dot that's screened onto the board. Since you are installing a socket, you'll want to install it so if the front of the radio is facing you, the writing on the PLL chip is upside down. See pic below. Hope this helps. :)

~Cheers~

IMG_20140415_115232_024_zpsdd57c985.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, that socket will work fine. When you install the PLL, you have to install it so the dot on the PLL chip itself matches the location of the dot that's screened onto the board. Since you are installing a socket, you'll want to install it so if the front of the radio is facing you, the writing on the PLL chip is upside down. See pic below. Hope this helps. :)

~Cheers~

IMG_20140415_115232_024_zpsdd57c985.jpg

Where's all the wax???? (I hate that stuff)

That particular radio didn't have any in there, just a small drop on top of the VCO can was all. My President Madison didn't have any in it either. Don't know why.

~Cheers~

Can the following chip work on my cobra 142gtl MB8719 8326 C85? thanks.

where did you order it from. all I have seen lately are from China. not sure how good they are even though they claim it is original part.used my last MB8719 a few months ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.