• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 142gtl

The following parts where replaced based on the meter installation book also confirmed by looking at the board my self they where missing: r-10,r-72 and c-70 that's all put back from my spare unit I have.

when you say, "meter installation book", what book exactly are you referring to?

R72, and C70 are part of the PLL/VCO circuits, although i cant imagine why they would be removed, but R10 is part of the noise blanker circuit. that one makes no sense why it would be removed as part of a PLL mod.

i just went back and saw that it was a digiscan that was put into the radio.
can you post a pic of the part of that manual that talks about what parts to remove for the digiscan installation?
that would be very helpful.
LC

glad you got it working!

after we established that all the right parts were there, my next step was going to be adjusting the VCO.

no need to go through all the trouble of posting the pics of the radio, unless of course you want to; we all like looking at pics of the insides of radios!

the digiscan manual will be helpful for people who are searching the forum in the future.
LC

thanks for that kaos!

im going to type the name of the device just for future searching reference.

redco digiscan ds-400

LC

I'M NOT AN ASS KISSER

But the more posts I read the more I'm impressed with the knowledge of u people. Good stuff. I find myself looking for posts where people are looking for help. Even if it's something I may never need to know, I save the threads and instead of reading news about the shit going on world wide I find myself reading these threads over n over. My knowledge has increased 10 fold since joining WWDX. I find antenna subjects particularly interesting. The only knowledge of chips I had until joining were mostly potato, corn and the occasional poker. Great stuff.

Reactions: 3 people
details please.

does it transmit with audio?
does the PA work?
have you tried a different mic?
do you hear a slight static, or absolutely no noise at all with the volume up?
does the meter show incoming signals?

the more details you give, the better help you will get.
LC

Yes it does transmit with audio,when on pa mode the tx light dosent light up ,yes tried different mics,with volume up I do hear static,rf meter needs replacement.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.