• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl china model

I love using these radios but when one goes down from a short it some times takes forever trying to find the problem. I had one in about 2003 that was working great and it had a sizzle noise and it was dead like this one. I checked about ever part I could think of and even sent it to a friend in Florida that was very good on repairs and he could not find it either. I finally just used it for parts and found another good used one for 50.00 and it still works as it should.
hope you have better luck on yours than I did on the one I had. I have repaired about 50 or more since then. never could find a bad part in it because I used it for parts and every piece I used worked in another radio. my friend was a tech for motorola radios back then and he could not find the problem after about 2 weeks of checking parts also.

you can always mess with this one and maybe you will be able to find the problem. you have a voltage chart so you can test it from time to time and maybe find the fault. it would be a good one to practice trouble shooting and see if the fault will be found.

Reactions: Robb
why not try to do an alignment on the radio and see just how far you can get the radio to align. the spot you come to that will not align will be the area you have a problem in. this can help you to find the problem area.

Reactions: kaos513

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.