• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000GTL frequency adjustment

do you have a crystal checker to measure the frequency of both your 11.325 crystals?

I would be very surprised if two crystals that were within specs made a 5khz difference.

even if one was 11.325 and another was 11.3258. even if you triple the 800hz difference, you only get 2.4Khz.

I have personally never seen a tripler crystal for this chassis be that far off from design specs, unless it was just plain defective and didn't work at all.

what am i missing here?
LC
Hi, I replaced it with another Uniden 11.325mhz. The other one was off frequency which was my initial hunch and of course now that I put in one of the exact same frequency and it works perfectly I was correct. No crystal checker. Thanks, Adam

You thinking a bad solder joint on the original crystal?
As mentioned
You thinking a bad solder joint on the original crystal?
As mentioned a few times the crystal was bad. I put in the replacement and all was fine but receive audio was low. Not sure what that problem was at the time so I put back the BAD crystal and it was of course off frequency exactly as it was before and receive audio still low. I then realized I forgot the mic had to be plugged in so reinstalled the replacement crystal and plugged in the mic and radio is dead on and great. Again, original crystal was off frequency, plain and simple. Thanks, Adam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.