• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 500XL

You finally bought something!!!!! I see you went all out and got a Palomar 225.
All these years on the various forums asking hundreds if not thousands of questions about every comp/stock amp on the planet....and you end up with that?????
I am speechless. Well have fun with it anyhow.

yep . my old amp didnt like my new radio . a couple hundred watts seems to allow me to make enough contacts and get enough compliments to make me happy . btw , how are your eyes doing ? if you come back this way maybe we can meet for a few brews .

Where could I purchase these amplifiers I keep hearing about. There is this Palomar 225 and This Cobra XL. Anybody have IMDB and or spurious emission specs on them? I would love to have one for my shack as I am confident that 200 watts would more than help me cut through the QRM at my QTH. I appreciate the benefits of a well made product with decent filtering. I hope these can accept the drive from my Icom 718.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

F.R.E.E. C.E.L.L.
http://www.firecommunications.com/site/contact.cgi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.