• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio - Service Review

Unit 194

Feb 25, 2006
New Jersey
I recently shipped my RCI 2990dx to DTB Radio for the following services: install fan kit, full alignment, AMC mod, SSB IF filter mod, modify TX power meter circuit to correct low meter drive problem, tune radio and calibrate RX/TX meters.

The turnaround time to complete the service was very quick and the radio has never sounded better on both TX and RX.

Dave's professional expertise really shows in the quality of his workmanship. I highly recommend DTB Radio.

Reactions: 2 people

He probably got the radio buffer & wax kit out too. Don't want to send a radio out with a smudge or tiny scratch no one can see. Er maybe he only does that with brand new radio's out of the box.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got a replacement from Bob's CB. Looks and works like you would expect a brand new unit to. His work is that of a craftsman, and the radio arrived without a mark on it like a new unit should. Perfectly packed, unit put back in box in the original bag so nice it looked like it had never been opened to tune or mod ( not like DTB, bag ripped open, thrown back in the bag, and then shipped in a box that only had room for a little packing paper ). Each mod he made for me he professionally marked each switch with its function. Why would I settle for 80% quality service, when there is a competitor that offers 110%. Hate to tell y'all, but Dave can be kind of a crap shoot. Read other forums than this one, and you will see the other side. As we speak, Dave posted a reply on another forum apologizing to a driver for the poor install he did on his truck, pinching the coax in the door and the antenna fell off shortly down the road. ( I'm only listing one, and there are other current examples ). I'm sure you have all read on other forums about the poor packing Dave has done on some of the units he repairs? I'm glad you are all so happy with Dave, I just found someone else who sent me a unit in new condition, and did everything the way I asked for it. You all need to get out more, and then you would have a more balanced view of DTB. Keep your "little smudges and marks" ( more like 1/2 inch scatches down to metal ), I will stick with Bob's CB who shows he cares about every unit he handles and ships.

Last edited:
Bobs track record 100%?? Ive never seen one that was that is the only reason I ask. If so then that is honestly truly amazing. I dont dealwith CB shops but will have to find the blacklist of shops that was on the net a while back. It would be incredible to see a shop make asolutely 100% of hist customers happy maybe Bobs CB will get more business from here after yout oustanding review in this DTB review thread.

Thats great you finally found exactly what you wanted most guys cant ask for more. You should start a review tread on this Bobs CB I think it would be super to see all the outstanding reports!! I just always go with a guy cant make everyone happy theory but thats just me.

Reactions: 1 person
He probably got the radio buffer & wax kit out too. Don't want to send a radio out with a smudge or tiny scratch no one can see. Er maybe he only does that with brand new radio's out of the box.

Responded because of this! Don't want a response? Then members should sit quiet and not play "cyber smart ass" and think it will go unanswered. As far as Bob's, you will be hard pressed to find a negative review of his work (I know, I dug hard in current and past posts on multiple forums). The only thing they say negative about him is he does not have much of a bed side manner, but then I understand Dave suffers from that also. Sorry for posting this in a DTB review thread, but this just happens to be the place that the "cyber smart ass" posted calling me out. And is Er a word? Must be, at least on the other side of the tracks....

Last edited:
As far as Bob's, you will be hard pressed to find a negative review of his work (I know, I dug hard in current and past posts on multiple forums).

I agree Bob's CB Shop also does great work but unfortunately Bob's is not currently offering mail-in service on radios not repaired or sold by Bob's CB Shop.

Since moving back to the area in 2006 I was lucky to find David at DTB and after speaking with him for a few minutes I could tell he knew what he was talking about. He has always done right by me, built quite a few radios, fixed a few butcher jobs for me and other drivers, taught me about electronics, hell he even posted "how to's" on his site. There are very few real techs left, I'm lucky to live near one.

Responded because of this! Don't want a response? Then members should sit quiet and not play "cyber smart ass" and think it will go unanswered. As far as Bob's, you will be hard pressed to find a negative review of his work (I know, I dug hard in current and past posts on multiple forums). The only thing they say negative about him is he does not have much of a bed side manner, but then I understand Dave suffers from that also. Sorry for posting this in a DTB review thread, but this just happens to be the place that the "cyber smart ass" posted calling me out. And is Er a word? Must be, at least on the other side of the tracks....

Edit.....not worth it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.