• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio - Service Review

It's the principle of the matter. If I dropped $500 on a single item I'd want a little bit more than just having it tossed into a box then Jim Carrey kicking it around on the way to my house.

Reactions: 1 person
After this I'm done with this issue!

Promise??

I did not state all of my issues with DTB in my original posts, so here it goes. Website says he will not take phone calls, only emails.
Not at all unusual for some businesses especially those that consist of only one or two people. They would spend far too much time on the phone and not enough doing what it is that makes them a living.

Emailed him a few times prior to purchase of a $500.00 item with 3-4 short questions each and he would respond only answering 1-2 of them, as if the other questions did not even exist.
Wish I had a dollar for every time that happened to me. Trust me, DTB is far from being alone on this and I don't just mean radio shops.

When I received the shipping notification, I emailed him with a few questions in regards to the specific results of the tune for this specific radio such as RMS and Peak readings ( I'm sorry I don't have a Bird meter ) "while it was fresh on his mind" since he just tuned it. His response was: "fresh on my mind, not really, LOL" (what the hell does that mean) and his answer was: I "think (read THINK) they where about 185 and 230".
When someone does a lot of tunes they all start to blend together. It gets rather mundane. Unless he got and responded to your email as just as he was finishing the job I wouldn't have expected him to remember right off what the exact results were. Hell I have walked away from a job and forgot what I was doing five minutes before.

Crap for communication, plus poor packing of a $500.00 electronics item (small box, no packing on sides or top, only a wad of paper on the bottom), NO real information on a recent tune (did he even tune it since it was "not really, LOL"), and then a scratched up unit.
Can't comment on packing as I haven't seen it first hand but it does sound like it was not as good as it could have been.

All in all I did not owe him a 2nd chance (there was not one redeeming quality of this transaction) and that is why I used the Paypal system as I wanted my original shipping refunded also (since I had to spend $40.00 shipping it back to him) which is always a pissing match with a small dealer.
I still think it would have been appropriate to contact him first to see what he had to say or do about it before running to the internet bashing someone....anyone.

Now, unless I take some more personal insults from Cough...Cough...senior members... I will be glad to put this to rest.
I hope you get over the nasty cough you have soon. As for the senior members you are referring too, just mention them by name. Since they are senior members they have been on the internet long enough to realize that sometimes someone will say something they may not like and have the maturity to not get their knickers in a knot over it. Too bad everyone was not that way. It would make our job so much easier. FWIW being a senior member means nothing in general. It is the quality of that member that counts whether he be an old timer here or a newcomer.

Now for the disclaimer: I have no personal relationship with DTB radio either personal in nature or business related. I have never purchased anything from him and likely never will as I prefer to purchase my equipment from amateur radio dealers. I have no vested interest in this thread other than in my capacity as an administrator of the Worldwide Radio Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I've observed that DTB usually goes over his emails around 17:30 hrs. Either DTB is extremely busy or check your junk mail box. Sometimes he'll pick up the phone and talk to you if he's got a free moment. Don't give up.
If at first you don't succeed,try,try again but the right way.

Now for the disclaimer: I have no personal relationship with DTB radio either personal in nature or business related. I have never purchased anything from him and likely never will as I prefer to purchase my equipment from amateur radio dealers. I have no vested interest in this thread other than in my capacity as an administrator of the Worldwide Radio Forum.

Same here, but I have talked to Dave via e-mail and phone asking questions and he has not failed to respond....no it was not 20 min after I sent them, but he works for a living just like we do.
And Having a Ham ticket has no bearing on this discussion, that is just an excuse to point fingers.
After all this IS the CB section .... Not sure if you know it or not but we do not play well with users that try to bring up the Ham vers CB thing here because this forum is about Radio Users of all kinds.
I will say this softly, but there is a well known Ham forum that a few years ago would treat you like lower life forms if you brought up CB subjects.
They have "relaxed" the attitude there a little since the WWRF has become more popular because we do not stereotype users by what kind of radio they prefer to play.
Night Owl, we are pleased that you have had a good dealing with Bob`s.
You have said so.
You have also expressed your displeasure with DTB radio in a thread someone else started about his service.
You have now started another thread about Bobs CB.
We get it.
You have had freedom to express your opinion, state your case and it is still up and there for everyone to read.
Now can we all move on the other subjects?
As for forum ...
There are forums that will not allow you post to be public unless approved by a moderator.
Often these forums will edit/remove the thread if it says ANYTHING negative about one of their sponsors.
We do not do that here.

I will let you fill in the blanks.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
I have been following this as I am considering sending my 148gt dx for refurbishing.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!
In fact I call BS on the original complaint WITHOUT PICTURES.
No proof!

I'm planning on sending my 959 to DTB for a tune up and to correct the extra channel board problem and send a Ranger TRE-936FFC I just bought from Copper Electronics for DTB to tune and put a channel board in.
Note: I emailed DTB this morning and got a quick reply from him. (y)

It's the principle of the matter. If I dropped $500 on a single item I'd want a little bit more than just having it tossed into a box then Jim Carrey kicking it around on the way to my house.

Sounds broken??? "Could very well be sir!!" LMA:laugh:!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.