• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio - Service Review

Ok guys, you get to say your opinion and everyone else can do the same.
We can have positive feedback on shops without pissing up and down each others leg.
If the thread turns into a flame war, it will get edited back to the original post and closed.
Just so it is clear, If you want to post a good or bad experience with a shop or dealer that is fine, but as soon as people start getting personal, the thread will get closed.

Flame wars are wasted thread space.

Jeff

Reactions: 3 people
Just got a replacement from Bob's CB. Looks and works like you would expect a brand new unit to. His work is that of a craftsman, and the radio arrived without a mark on it like a new unit should. Perfectly packed, unit put back in box in the original bag so nice it looked like it had never been opened to tune or mod ( not like DTB, bag ripped open, thrown back in the bag, and then shipped in a box that only had room for a little packing paper ). Each mod he made for me he professionally marked each switch with its function. Why would I settle for 80% quality service, when there is a competitor that offers 110%. Hate to tell y'all, but Dave can be kind of a crap shoot. Read other forums than this one, and you will see the other side. As we speak, Dave posted a reply on another forum apologizing to a driver for the poor install he did on his truck, pinching the coax in the door and the antenna fell off shortly down the road. ( I'm only listing one, and there are other current examples ). I'm sure you have all read on other forums about the poor packing Dave has done on some of the units he repairs? I'm glad you are all so happy with Dave, I just found someone else who sent me a unit in new condition, and did everything the way I asked for it. You all need to get out more, and then you would have a more balanced view of DTB. Keep your "little smudges and marks" ( more like 1/2 inch scatches down to metal ), I will stick with Bob's CB who shows he cares about every unit he handles and ships.

One legit question for you. Since you were quick to jump all over the first shop before you tried to work it out with them, what was the outcome? Did they tell you tough rocks, refer you to RCI, or did they have you ship the brand new properly tuned radio back and give you a refund? Only seems fair for an update sine they did nothing wrong in the first place.

Bob's cb is one of 5 shops that always get good reviews and do good honest correct tech work. DTB is also in that group. No shop is perfect, heck if you read some other threads you will see right now Bob's is not taking ANY repair work on radio's unless they sold it to you. Next week some guy just like you will probably come on here and be every which way of ticked off about this and bash Bob's. That's the way it is I guess, either way Bob's & DTB are trusted techs that do good work.

Anyway at least now you can enjoy your new radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Actally Owl I was curious about the outcome aswell ???? :pop:

I disputed it through Paypal, which means the seller has no other choice than to accept the product back, and Paypal refunds the total amount plus the shipping. I protect myself well when spending multiple hundreds of $$$ with a online seller.

As far as locking this thread, one will note that it is mostly senior members that start throwing personal insults and posting insulting photos etc. when someone posts something they don't want to hear. Luckily there are other forums for this hobby that don't practice such insulting behavior in response to someone when they post a negative about one of their clan. Note my original thread when a senior member (look one post up) posted Dr Phil photos and OCD charts in response to my dissatisfaction with Dave (real "adult" constructive communication, I'm impressed)

So lock away, or expect more respectful behavior from those that should know better......

Last edited:
There is no reason to lock anything, I just wanted to know what DTB did. So the answer is you never contacted him......just went straight to Pay-Pal? If so that's too bad, I am sure he would have worked with you on the matter. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 person
Which other radio related forums are you referring to, that display such gentlemanly behavior?

Get out and read, they are just as available to you as they are to me. Forums tend to have a culture, and not all forum cultures are based on arrogance. An Amateur license provides privileges, but it does not guarantee class...

Since you brought up the class issue, the proper way to handle your complaint with class would have been to contact DTB. Not go to a forum and not back door him through Pay-Pal.........call the man. Nuff said.

Anyway I hope you stick around here and did not just join to bash DTB. This is a great forum with lots of good radio people. Now we can all move on and talk on our radios which is what I am going to do right now. Take care.

Last edited:
I use my PayPal whenever its listed in a payment option Ive only had to file a claim 1 time on Ebay when a guy refused to send the items and I waited a month because I figured there was no reason the seller needed more time and he didnt even communicate with me but PayPal tried aswell with no response so they refunded me my few hundred dollars and the shipping aswell.

Some people dont like PayPal but for the protection or guarantee you get its far from being a ripoff as far as Im concerned.

Since you brought up the class issue, the the proper way to handle your complaint with class would have been to contact DTB. Not go to a forum and not back door him through Pay-Pal.........call the man. Nuff said.

Anyway I hope you stick around here and did not just join to bash DTB. This is a great forum with lots of good radio people. Now we can all move on and talk on our radios which is what I am going to do right now. Take care.

After this I'm done with this issue! I did not state all of my issues with DTB in my original posts, so here it goes. Website says he will not take phone calls, only emails. Emailed him a few times prior to purchase of a $500.00 item with 3-4 short questions each and he would respond only answering 1-2 of them, as if the other questions did not even exist. When I received the shipping notification, I emailed him with a few questions in regards to the specific results of the tune for this specific radio such as RMS and Peak readings ( I'm sorry I don't have a Bird meter ) "while it was fresh on his mind" since he just tuned it. His response was: "fresh on my mind, not really, LOL" (what the hell does that mean) and his answer was: I "think (read THINK) they where about 185 and 230". Crap for communication, plus poor packing of a $500.00 electronics item (small box, no packing on sides or top, only a wad of paper on the bottom), NO real information on a recent tune (did he even tune it since it was "not really, LOL"), and then a scratched up unit. All in all I did not owe him a 2nd chance (there was not one redeeming quality of this transaction) and that is why I used the Paypal system as I wanted my original shipping refunded also (since I had to spend $40.00 shipping it back to him) which is always a pissing match with a small dealer. Now, unless I take some more personal insults from Cough...Cough...senior members... I will be glad to put this to rest.

Last edited:
After this I'm done with this issue! I did not state all of my issues with DTB in my original posts, so here it goes. Website says he will not take phone calls, only emails. Emailed him a few times prior to purchase of a $500.00 item with 3-4 short questions each and he would respond only answering 1-2 of them, as if the other questions did not even exist. When I received the shipping notification, I emailed him with a few questions in regards to the specific results of the tune for this specific radio such as RMS and Peak readings ( I'm sorry I don't have a Bird meter ) "while it was fresh on his mind" since he just tuned it. His response was: "fresh on my mind, not really, LOL" (what the hell does that mean) and his answer was: I "think (read THINK) they where about 185 and 230". Crap for communication, plus poor packing of a $500.00 electronics item (small box, no packing on sides or top, only a wad of paper on the bottom), NO real information on a recent tune (did he even tune it since it was "not really, LOL"), and then a scratched up unit. All in all I did not owe him a 2nd chance (there was not one redeeming quality of this transaction) and that is why I used the Paypal system as I wanted my original shipping refunded also (since I had to spend $40.00 shipping it back to him) which is always a pissing match with a small dealer. Now, unless I take some more personal insults from Cough...Cough...senior members... I will be glad to put this to rest.

Ok... cough... cough thanks for your account of what happened. (y)

I use my PayPal whenever its listed in a payment option Ive only had to file a claim 1 time on Ebay when a guy refused to send the items and I waited a month because I figured there was no reason the seller needed more time and he didnt even communicate with me but PayPal tried aswell with no response so they refunded me my few hundred dollars and the shipping aswell.

Some people dont like PayPal but for the protection or guarantee you get its far from being a ripoff as far as Im concerned.

I use and like Pay-Pal as well. Too bad way too many people abuse it to the point I am ready to close my account. The seller any more has nothing to stand on and Pay-Pal stomps on good sellers and rewards dickhead buyers. Not to mention the fees are getting crazy. Now I view Pay-Pal as a good thing gone bad and a necessary evil.

I definitely can't blame you for being upset but I would have tried to handle it differently.
Just my two cents.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.