• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREQUENCY AND TIME FOR CONTACTS

Something new...
Tomorrow, Saturday from 10 am until...... I'm going to be on 26.805 FM. I've had good luck here over the past year or so and I thought it would be nice to make contact with other WDXers. I had lots of contacts today and one qso that lasted over a half hour or more. There are lots of great people there and no crazy BS. If you've never tried FM, you're in for a nice surprise.
I hope to hear from other members.
73's

Edit: When it gets busy, 26.805 is used as a call frequency, then meet up above or below. If it's not busy, I stay on the frequency.
I won't run outside of the band from the base, and there is salt on the roads so my rust free mobile is staying in the garage. I'll put a shout out on the usual 16L, 40L.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I was on from 10am to noon and made 16 good solid qso's. Florida, Canada, NY, West Virginia, Nevada, Cali, Wisconsin, and others... It seems I was making contacts in all directions today. Very similar to yesterday evening. This doesn't surprise me.

Me and @undertaker have been talking on this FM frequency for quite a while and we normally do well.

Edit: And I have to say, undertaker was killing it today! And sounding top shelf. :cool:

Last edited:
Good evening, Well no radio today since I was at work cooking Burgers and Fries, however I'll be on the air on Sunday starting around 9am until..........on 40 and 16 LSB and precodically checking 38 LSB, hopefully the Conditions will cooperate to make some good DX contacts and try to make contact with some WDX forum members, hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their Family's and may you all have a Blessed upcoming New Year!!!

73's
Steve

Reactions: Brother DXer
Well conditions started out strong this morning, and then they shifted this afternoon, however I was able to make contact with the following station's:
26 Charlie Tango 1126-United kingdom
Roadkill ( that was his call sign)- Southeast Louisiana
Unfortunately no WDX members were on the air that I was able to hear or make contact with today.........
I hope all of my WDX Brothers and their families have a wonderful and Blessed upcoming New Year!!

73's

I've been making a lot of contacts on FM today for the last couple of hours. Chicago, Minnesota, Oregon, California, Nevada. I haven't had this much success and ease with contacts since ... well never. I'll be off/on for the next couple of hours before the sun sets here in western Canadian
I'm sure I just heard you on FM. I tried to reach you but I wasn't able to. I had 789 northern Idaho coming in loud. This was around 3:40pm central time.

Thanks for the New Years contact 226 ! Lots of stations out there on FM today so a little hard to pull you out ! 73's.....
Yes Sir! And thank you as well. Yes, there were lots of stations with good conditions today. Lots of good sounding qsos too. I think if we waited it out a little longer, conditions would have shifted in our favor.
73's

You guys Seem to be enjoying FM DX, so I'm gonna give it a try. No FM with my 139XLR, so I dug out my Superstar 360FM, put it on the bench for a checkout. Everything looks good, but don't have a deviation meter to check the FM. I see where it can be checked with a spectrum analyzer, so I'll give that a try. Hopefully ready to go on the air sometime tomorrow.
What freq(s) are you guys using for FM ?? 26.805 ??? How much power are you running ?? I understand that power is king on FM.
73 and hope everyone had a good new year celebration.

J.J. 399

Yes on that frequency. When it gets super busy, most will use it strictly for a call frequency and move up or down. But if there's not much traffic, they'll just stay there. The most I have with any of my radios is 50 watts FM but I try to run it at half power and adjust as needed. Usually half or three quarters is enough. Sometimes full...
A power mic sure comes in handy too.
Also, it's very unlike ssb. Sometimes I set and listen to low static for 10 to 15 or more minutes, then out of nowhere you have one or two guys sound like they're sitting next to you! When it's good, it's great! No straining to hear someone... If this makes sense?
73's

Last edited:
I run FM on 26.805......
It's a myth that you need a lot of power. I've talked all over North America and to Australia, New Zealand and Ireland with between 70 and 140 watts in FM mode and just the Antron for an antenna.
Hope to hear you on there 399 !

Reactions: Brother DXer
You guys Seem to be enjoying FM DX, so I'm gonna give it a try. J.J. 399
Yes, the joy is back. No nut-jobs from 38LSB or even T5USB. No side-band! You get DX + HQ audio. Can't get any better.

I dug up a BHI DSP speaker that I had in storage. There is a high level of static in this mode that is annoying and needs to be cut down. Once the FM signal makes it over and the DSP kicks in ... glorious. Audio sample from BHI website; https://bhi-ltd.com/images/mp3/20Mband.mp3

One F2 hop gets you to southern/mid USA, getting a FM signal from south America to western Canada, I dunno ... lets try!

Last edited:
Good Morning WDX Brother's,
I'll be on the Radio starting around 9am until........on the following channels: 40, 38 and 16 LSB periodically, hoping to make some contacts with some WDX forum members,etc..............hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.