• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hooked up the sirio p5000

i think he did not get a ticket at all, if i am reading his post right.

in which case the only thing i can think of, is that the antenna may be an older version before they were putting the scratch tickets in the box.

is there a way to find out when your antenna was produced yeshua? and then a date as to when sirio started putting the scratch tickets in their products.

?

Same here no ticket in my box from h&y but its built like quality so it dont feel like a knock off and it performs well.Im just skeptical because having to take a little over inch off a whip when others claimed no cutting puzzles me.I know every situation is different but that thing was set for close to 12 meters well the lower half of 11 meters.

Same here no ticket in my box from h&y but its built like quality so it dont feel like a knock off and it performs well.Im just skeptical because having to take a little over inch off a whip when others claimed no cutting puzzles me.I know every situation is different but that thing was set for close to 12 meters well the lower half of 11 meters.

You think your vehicle might affect the whip adjustment? The whip on my K40 base loaded antenna I presently have on my mini SUV is too short for 11 meters. It was that way 25 years ago and now. I think that I don't have enough metal for it to tune right. I read that in this case I would go to a longer whip. As for the P5000,I'm find out soon enough

i think he did not get a ticket at all, if i am reading his post right.

in which case the only thing i can think of, is that the antenna may be an older version before they were putting the scratch tickets in the box.

is there a way to find out when your antenna was produced yeshua? and then a date as to when sirio started putting the scratch tickets in their products.

It's on the way from H&Y. I've never owned a Sirio before. I'll find out when it gets installed.

Reactions: 1 person
P.S. I'm waiting for Sirio headquarters in Italy to reply to my email I sent them. If you Google 'Sirio antennas', you'll find their contact page.

Last edited:
It's on the way from H&Y. I've never owned a Sirio before. I'll find out when it gets installed.
just curious why it was not in the box? it should be sealed in the box from the factory...hmmm :sneaky2: tune in next time to see what h&y comes up with!

sorry, i'm still not getting it.

shouldn't the scratch ticket have been sealed in the package?

and why is h&y sending it to you after the fact, if they do not open packages from sirio as stated in previous post "H&Y said they get their Sirio products directly from Sirio.
H&Y also said that they don 't open the packages either."

just curious, cuz something does not add up for me.

peace out, no offense meant.

Frank at DNJ is OK to do business with. He is a local guy where I live in the Bay Area of CA. He gives our SSB radio club some pretty fair deals and will sometimes even deliver the stuff personally as his business is just a few miles from where I live. Which saves a lot of money on shipping. Bought a bunch of stuff from him in the past; mostly antenna stuff. Some of the local operators have bought the Vector 4000; that is a very cool antenna. Bought the Sirio 5000 mobile antenna for a local old timer and installed it for him. Also a very effective antenna. He also sells 2m/70cm mobile Ham antennas too.

Robb, that's good to know. Thanks for sharing that information. I have posted here before regarding Sirio and the RMItalyUS site (which has the same physical address as DNJ Radio). I had a couple of weird things happen on the site, and got a little shy because of that.

123kid, you will find that every vehicle makes the antenna react differently. I have a Wilson 500 that has 1.2:1 SWR on one vehicle, and 3:1 on another. I rent vehicles on a regular basis, and never know how it's going to match up! But if you're being heard at 5 S units by somebody 15-20 miles away, I would say your match must be pretty good. Hope you like your new antenna!

RT307

want more updates on what sirio tells you.When i got my box it was sealed said sirio on it inside was news paper and the whip and coil in a plastic sirio sleeve with a manual and catalog and the mag mount was in the same box in its own box.I had to apply the pvs sticker was a little tough didnt have a exacto knife had to use a butcher knife to slice the circle got it good only had a tiny edge tear but its covering the magnet pretty much and the rubber boot slips over it.
Im pretty sure american news paper in the box.

check hy

hy antenna page all sirios are gone....hmmm maybe they got in trouble?

Never mind browser error

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.