• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hooked up the sirio p5000

Frank at DNJ is OK to do business with. He is a local guy where I live in the Bay Area of CA. He gives our SSB radio club some pretty fair deals and will sometimes even deliver the stuff personally as his business is just a few miles from where I live. Which saves a lot of money on shipping. Bought a bunch of stuff from him in the past; mostly antenna stuff. Some of the local operators have bought the Vector 4000; that is a very cool antenna. Bought the Sirio 5000 mobile antenna for a local old timer and installed it for him. Also a very effective antenna. He also sells 2m/70cm mobile Ham antennas too.

Hey Rob what kind of price would he have on a decient 2/70cm antenna?

I've had my sirio p 5000 for almost 2 years.

I purchased 2 sirio magnets and the p 5000.

They shipped the stinger open and bent in a U to fit it all in a smaller box.

I did bend the stinger back and the p5000 base was in a box.

Here is the p5000 compared to a wilson 1000 and 5000

2_zpsa3fce632.jpg

6_zps8c79d2de.jpg

Here is the inside of the sirio magnet.

mount3_zpsb8fc7243.jpg

mount2_zps26567e8e.jpg

Do you can get the Sirio 303 cable that H&Y sells and install it in the mag mount? Reason I asked of I have the pl5000 and the 145 magmount on it's way from H&Y.

Do you can get the Sirio 303 cable that H&Y sells and install it in the mag mount? Reason I asked of I have the pl5000 and the 145 magmount on it's way from H&Y.

I believe the r303 assembly they sell is way over priced.
From italy it was anyway.

I haven't seen it at H&Y.
How much was it?

I have a reel of rg/142 bu which is double shielded and I believe much better than the r303.

Also a silver teflon pl259.

My concern would be the so239 in the mount.

I am looking into changing that to a Teflon insulator just to play around with it.

I still have the other mag mount I left stock in case I destroy it lol.

I have much better gain than any wilson 1000 or 5000.
The stinger is fatter and taller as well.

I like them all. :p

Hmm.
That doesn't look to have a pl259.

It almost looks like it is the so239 end that you snake through the hole and maybe provide your own pl259 which would be nice also.

I would like to get that matching so239 part. :drool:

I wish they had better pictures.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.