• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interesting Ham versus freebanders thread on QRZ.com

Where can I send the guy quoted, a spell check? Oh well, what should one expect from a guy running a 4 2879 X 8 2879?

I just thought the comments from most of the hams there were interesting.Most seemed to think if freebanders stayed off the amateur bands then who cares.Some even showed contempt for the wording used that was derogatory to CB'ers.

I can just picture it. CW has a Zebco, puts a Galaxy radio on the line and casts. CHOMP!!!! Tempers flare, posts are made, and CW's drag goes ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. LOL

Why should he? He just does the copy/paste thing. Just facts here. It's not his fault that he can keep playing " Got your nose". Stop falling for it lol

WOW It seems Jerry got bent out of shape when it was mentioned that he advertises his antennas on one of the CB forums,i think n3ats brought up some great points.

Oh well back to reading other post and i'll leave the policing to the fcc............really **morse get a life :roll:

He does have a life...you see, it's just a pathetic ugly one.

Ha, he fails to see his flaws.

You can't argue with someone who suffers from flawed logical reasoning.

And he is blinded by his own vindictiveness. I believe he would drop the dime on his own mother. :twisted:

what a boob...he does not understand why his comparing a freebander to a thief who steals his tractor is illogical.

It is not even close to being the same thing.

He cannot see his own flawed logic.

He is flawed.

I see the flaw clearer that he "SEES" an illegal 10 meter operator.

He is a closet CB'er, maybe even a freebander?

Maybe his old lady ran off with a CB'er? :LOL:

The Amateur bands aren't owned by the Hams. They receive a privilege to operate on it by passing a test. Sort of like a drivers license. Both require a test to show knowledge of operation. To use either without it will get you in trouble, a fine or jail. If someone not licensed is driving on the same road that I am he is not stealing from me. I don't own the road , I just have legal use of it. If someone is talking on HF without a license he did not "steal" it from me or other licensed Hams. He has no right to be on it but I can't compare it to stealing from me. I can report him but I can't act like I own it personally. No more than I own the road I can legally drive on.

i agree 100%. i dont mind freebanding, i do mind if someone is not licenced and transmits on ham bands. what people dont realize is that channels above 40 are no just dead air, they are reserved for the militery, forest service, and some customs activity. just because you cant hear sombody that doesnt mean they cant hear you. its the same reason why you cant use a marine radio in the middle of the desert, your signal could interfer with marine transmisions due to conditions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.