• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mast size & Imax 2000 Height?

Just got my rohn 45 up. Went with 1 1/4 1.66 od schedule 80. Well the u bolts on the imax would not go around 1.66 so...had to do a little modification. Picked up a piece of 1/4 x 5 x 12 aluminum flat stock for $8. It's up now and works good at 59ft to the so239..

How I did it and it's on fence rail tops

image.jpeg

Actually wanted to do it in thick
Plexi glass rather than 2x4's

Last edited:
Great, we will be going out tomorrow to get the telescoping mast and put it up, I just have to see how much coax I need.

Again thanks for all the help looks like I may be up and running in a week or so.

Thanks
Jerry
If you haven't purchased coax yet consider LMR 400. Make sure it's the real deal. There's many imitations out there. It's probably the best investment I made when setting up my station. A bit more expensive but worth it. Purchased mine from seller saigemlaiden on eBay. For jumpers go with the 400 ultra flex or the LMR 240. It very flexible. That actually reminds me of how stiff the LMR 400 is. If for some reason you need your antenna to station cable to be flexible go with the 400 ultra flex or the LMR240. Good luck. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.