1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need some help setting up hi fi audio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by tootall170, Jan 3, 2017.

1. JoeDirt

JoeDirt
    Expand Collapse

You can run class c but to do it without creating much distortion it needs to be ran a lot lower then the rated watts of the transistors. I have got some class C stuff to produce a nice clean signal but there was some trickery involved.

Back in the main topic those Mauldulators work well with class C amps because you can adjust the negative percentage of modulation to overcome the class C amp trying to cut off that part of the cycle. Technically its not HiFi but it does work if you do run class C.

I say you befriend your neighbors, neighbor. Build a scud, I have built some from some remote control car controllers. You can install CB channel crystals in them. Install the said scud in your neighbors, neighbors garage with a wall wort and hopefully the signal will be weak enough by the time it gets to your house so you can still enjoy the radio.

2. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas
    Expand Collapse

It shouldn't be hard to get someone in his neighborhood on board. I'm sure they don't appreciate him either. Give them a walkie talkie with the, ptt button glued down, the mic ripped out and a 12 volt wall wart.

A timer like this could be used to pulse the ptt switch or run it through the channels rapidly as it transmits.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-360-Rapid-Fire-Modification/?ALLSTEPS

JoeDirt likes this.
  3. JoeDirt

JoeDirt
    Expand Collapse

I heard about people using ones that swept all 40 channels really quick so it seemed like all 40 was locked down. Im sure there is something out there that could be had for cheap now. (that was years ago)

4. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas
    Expand Collapse

The channel selectors the new radios use would make this easier. The knob just opens and closes contacts as you spin it. The walkies and cheap rigs with up and down buttons for the channels is what I would use They may not allow you to change channels in tx mode but using the timer to control a couple of relays to solve that.

Use another cheap 555 timer to make a tone generator and add some modulation.

JoeDirt likes this.
  5. Sonar

Sonar
    Expand Collapse

007 is that you? Q calling. Over and out.

6. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas
    Expand Collapse

007 is a few miles south of me. :D

7. Sonar

Sonar
    Expand Collapse

Very good James, James Bond. If you find yourself using a (UK) English accent while saying James, James Bond, down sweat it.

8. jon666

jon666
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the input guys.

9. Robb

Robb
    Expand Collapse
    Yup

I'd just tell him on the radio - when he brings up the subject of HiFi - that he still hasn't gotten it right. His 'ducks are not all in a row' - so to speak. You know he might need to know that. I know I would - if someone took the time to let me know. Tell him if he doesn't believe you, that he might consider getting a cheap O-scope and learn how to use it to find out - for himself.

Amp/radio splattering that badly - if noticed by you - will already have the attention of the FCC. Never write them ('FCC') off - for not getting involved. They do. They do take their time - though.

10. LeapFrog

LeapFrog
    Expand Collapse
    Rare Vocoder

Disclaimer: If it's that bad just call the F.C.C., I am not advocating anything illegal; this post is just "for the lulz".

You guys are a bunch of savages, the best way to deal with interference is a blow-dart to the offending feed line!
    [​IMG]
    Seriously though some pretty neat improvising ideas for Guerrilla RF warfare/jamming, not that I need any ideas but they are still kind of kick-@ss & relatively simple.

And I'll just leave this here..

Some people don't like throwing stones in a glass house & wouldn't phone Uncle Charlie, but rather find another way to deal with the abuser/jammer/ignorant operator.
    Stay safe & I hope you figure a sensible option to stop the non-sense interference, as others have said, he may not know how bad his radio is really performing (maybe his mind is all wrapped up in focusing on increased bandwidth & he won't listen to others?).

Misformed conceptions and incorrect "truths" can be a problem in this hobby (CB), maybe the man just needs to do some reading, & then start applying information to clean his station up.

#40 LeapFrog, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    TheHamNerd and BBB like this.
  11. Mustang 131

Mustang 131
    Expand Collapse

Why would the FCC bother with cb when the local hams here can't make clean signal.

tecnicoloco, LeapFrog and 543_Dallas like this.
  12. Robb

Robb
    Expand Collapse
    Yup

Don't worry; if Hams aren't on the ball, they get nicked too. Only takes a complaint from anyone getting interference to their office via email.

Walking on thin ice gets you cold and wet.

13. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew
    Expand Collapse

Step 1: buy some rope.
    Step 2: tie one end to his antenna and the other to his cars bumper
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!(y)

Robb likes this.
  14. tootall170

tootall170
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the info my west coast friend ill keep messing with it the more i do the better it sounds i do need to pull somemore bass out of it its like mmm at the moment but i want that more fidelity sound like you got but everyone cant be the same every station has that sound that makes them them.. mustang 131 keep on keepin on my friend ill talk to you soon tootall 170 working that tower of power in the keystone

i was thinking of buying a digitec studio s200 for more effects to get that compressed sound but i think a electrovoice re20 would be my next investment buy a good mic and go from there

Mustang 131 and StrangeBrew like this.
  15. tootall170

tootall170
    Expand Collapse

his transmitter is dirty it hasa freq spikes then. my stonewall jackson had a spike at 24mhz and at 32mhz i always blew through cordless phones radios tvs and ham bands my buddys would call me and say stay off the air until a certian time i called davemade and asked them about the bleeding and hes like put garbage in you get garbage out which was true. when i would fire up the golden maul i blew through it all talked alot of skip tho haha the snake bit ya!!