• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new 10k base antenna pic

lords said:
as for you Master Chief, Yet, it DID exist...means nothing now days in this forum...you know by now its all about detail and heavy posts :p if bob85 was on trial and your were his witness he be hung off that line you posted...lol

P.S a starduster M-400 and many other names,doesn't have a coil or caps in it why would the older one M-800 have it ,when antennas where built better back then and for better reasons
and why on this gods green earth wouldn't someone take pics of this..was it not important at the time?

How do you like your crow? May I recommend the mango salsa and a spirited white wine?

You take two people from two opposite ends of the earth, both with extensive knowledge of CB antennas, and make assumptions (lack of coils/pictures) about an antenna you don't even believe existed. OK, its your funeral...... 8)

bob85 said:
lmao this is a mess,
marconi it was not aimed at you, i know you know they did exist,
i was talking to lords who i thought was saying i never had one just because he aint heared of it,

the best i can do is see if villarge still has it and get yall some pics,
i should have taken some before i gave it away but in the heat of the moment just trying to get rid of junk out the garrage i forgot to get my cam and snap a few pics for the forum which i said i would do :(

dam heat of the moment does suck...and thanks for trying to do this ..I want to see what this baby looks like...

Master Chief said:
lords said:
as for you Master Chief, Yet, it DID exist...means nothing now days in this forum...you know by now its all about detail and heavy posts :p if bob85 was on trial and your were his witness he be hung off that line you posted...lol

P.S a starduster M-400 and many other names,doesn't have a coil or caps in it why would the older one M-800 have it ,when antennas where built better back then and for better reasons
and why on this gods green earth wouldn't someone take pics of this..was it not important at the time?

How do you like your crow? May I recommend the mango salsa and a spirited white wine?

You take two people from two opposite ends of the earth, both with extensive knowledge of CB antennas, and make assumptions (lack of coils/pictures) about an antenna you don't even believe existed. OK, its your funeral...... 8)

You take two people from two opposite ends of the earth, both with extensive knowledge of CB antennas
well I know bob85 is..is the other one you? :p
and, two opposite ends of the earthyou sure on this??might be side by side..lol
and make assumptions (lack of coils/pictures) about an antenna you don't even believe existed.

so MC by you saying me saying it don't exist(your words ,mines was smoke) you got all that from it and claimed(assumed) I was calling you and or bob a liar...wow you must watch a lot of CSI,dude...you just assumed that I assumed
thats pretty neat..as for my funeral..I am a crow so just burn me..and I don't drink wine or beer so a nice cold coke will do..
mango salsa...yuck.....must be a tribe thing...
extensive knowledge not just knowledge...huh..lol

10k223 said:
Marconi, money would be the last thing I would ever think about when I put this antenna together. Money has nothing to do with this topic. I didn't post the picture. The antenna works better for me than the 6 element quad I had before. For all of you that have critisized, run down and have made statements that says it is a failure are not laughing at me. You are laughing at the one that designed it and that has been trying for 3 years to get me to build it. I'm happier with it than I was with the 6 element quad I had before. Put your ass in the real world before you condem anything. I truly BEG all of you that had a part in this to email me at cowtown10k@msn.com and I will give you the phone# of the one that designed it so you can tell him why it won't work. Kale

Hey Kale if it works for you, I say run with it.. If your happy with it that's all that matters..

10k223 said:
74IN said:
Beetle's cool.

I like Kales antennas.

That "base" antenna is a waste of money. Four 75 dollar antennas to make a 1/4 wave ground plane? 300$ for that?

Blanket is telling it like it is, that's how I see it.

Look at all the stupid, useless and overpriced crap at any truck stop.

Look at all the butcher Techs out there, making $$$$ from ripping out parts with pliers and nail clippers, then sticking 3$ worth of parts in.

That's not what I think of the guys who take the time to join a forum to learn, but the uninformed make up a very significant part of what you hear on the radio every day.
Marconi, money would be the last thing I would ever think about when I put this antenna together. Money has nothing to do with this topic. I didn't post the picture. The antenna works better for me than the 6 element quad I had before. For all of you that have critisized, run down and have made statements that says it is a failure are not laughing at me. You are laughing at the one that designed it and that has been trying for 3 years to get me to build it. I'm happier with it than I was with the 6 element quad I had before. Put your ass in the real world before you condem anything. I truly BEG all of you that had a part in this to email me at cowtown10k@msn.com and I will give you the phone# of the one that designed it so you can tell him why it won't work. Kale

Kale sorry we dont need to tell him anything, many have done real world and to say your loaded coil antenna works better than a 6 element quad makes me think you think we are all stupid. A quad is one of the best if not the best beam anyone can build and your mobile antenna coil out performs it? LOL Please stop while your ahead you are looking very desperate.

Master Chief said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh Lord, please forgive lords, he does not know what he is saying. AMEN.

yes lord please!!! I will stop now MC just giving you shit...lol
don't hate me just show me pics....you know I am running this SD M-400 and with 1200 watts so far without a melt down..

and Librium,you don't like snake oil, I heard it cures Money problems :p

DCowboys said:
10k223 said:

Hey Kale if it works for you, I say run with it.. If your happy with it that's all that matters..

I am with you on this but Kale ,please don't down talk beam and a 6 element quad on top of it,jeese it will lock that coil down within 1 keyup :)

so...did you set the stinger length on the grounds....and how high do you have the stinger on the vertical one?

lords said:
10k223 calm down ...as you know this forum is for information only!
don't let others judge you on here about anything you make or produce....as you know skip is in theres times you can throw a wire up and tune it, with a stock radio and DX out....now put that antenna and a 6 element quad in a non skip test...see what wins :p it won't be that vertical ground plane setup!
10 miles away I would swing around your way with a 6E quad and lock you down....thats the difference :)
then tell me how good that antenna would get out :p
you tell that to the builder/designer...what I said
it really don't take much to make a hub for that setup!

Peace out, dude :)

P.S never heard of a starduster M-800 back from the 70's...sounds like smoke...and sometimes enough wire colied up after 7 turns can create a 50 ohm feed along with a few caps ...go figure!
Do you have a 6 element quad? I'm not talking about only skip conditions. I'm not telling the man that designed this antenna anything. I mean what I said. You need to talk to him yourself.

DCowboys said:
10k223 said:

I'm not saying the antenna will perform as well as any 6 element quad but it is doing better than the quad I had. I like it because I don't have to worry about wind storms any more. You still need to talk to the man and let him explain how it works vertical AND horizontal.

10k223,
"The antenna has much gain and receives as well as the quad." - If you would change that just a tiny bit, to the quad you had up, I'd sure be willing to believe it. As it stands, though, 'fraid not.
As for the guy who designed it, he may very well know what he's talking about. But, since we're getting things sort of 'second-hand', there might also be some 'fudge-factor' in the relaying. Not hard to do at times, and not always necessarily intentional.
And the part you won't want to hear, and won't agree with...
Coils always introduce loss. May not be much, but it's always there. Just a matter of physics. The only good reason to use a coil as a load in an antenna is to make that antenna shorter. There are some very good reasons to do that, especially for a mobile antenna for HF. That shortening of an antenna does change it's radiating characteristics. If that change isn't much, if the antenna isn't shortened a great deal, there will probably not be any readily apparent noticeable difference in what you hear. If that change in length is very much, there will probably be as much reduction in what you can hear with it. Just another fact of life about antennas (provable, by the way, just as the coils/loss thingy is).
Does any of this say there's something wrong with your antennas? I don't think so, if they are used for what they should be used for. And with any antenna, if it isn't used to the best of it's characteristics (what it ought'a be used for), it's like putting one 13" Goodyear tire on a large 'John Deere' tractor. It may work, but not very well.
- 'Doc

hold onamo, villarge told me tonight his buddy is going to lay the antenna out and take some pics for those interested,
i hope hes more reliable than me :oops:

thanks to my buddy dave heres the starduster m800 i owned twice in over 25 years, the lower portion of the legs are missing in this pic

2004029918301693022_fs.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.