• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new 10k base antenna pic

Librium said:
10k223 said:
74IN said:
Beetle's cool.

I like Kales antennas.

That "base" antenna is a waste of money. Four 75 dollar antennas to make a 1/4 wave ground plane? 300$ for that?

Blanket is telling it like it is, that's how I see it.

Look at all the stupid, useless and overpriced crap at any truck stop.

Look at all the butcher Techs out there, making $$$$ from ripping out parts with pliers and nail clippers, then sticking 3$ worth of parts in.

That's not what I think of the guys who take the time to join a forum to learn, but the uninformed make up a very significant part of what you hear on the radio every day.
Marconi, money would be the last thing I would ever think about when I put this antenna together. Money has nothing to do with this topic. I didn't post the picture. The antenna works better for me than the 6 element quad I had before. For all of you that have critisized, run down and have made statements that says it is a failure are not laughing at me. You are laughing at the one that designed it and that has been trying for 3 years to get me to build it. I'm happier with it than I was with the 6 element quad I had before. Put your ass in the real world before you condem anything. I truly BEG all of you that had a part in this to email me at cowtown10k@msn.com and I will give you the phone# of the one that designed it so you can tell him why it won't work. Kale

Kale sorry we dont need to tell him anything, many have done real world and to say your loaded coil antenna works better than a 6 element quad makes me think you think we are all stupid. A quad is one of the best if not the best beam anyone can build and your mobile antenna coil out performs it? LOL Please stop while your ahead you are looking very desperate.
I didn't say it works better than a 6 element quad. I said it works better for ME than the six element quad I had. A Signal Engineer Lightning 6. Like I said, I got tired of repairing it from wind damage. I guess now you're going to tell me it wasn't put together right. I'm not desperate at all. I have people all around me that have asked for one but I'm not even close to going into production for them. I'm backed up for weeks on orders for the 10K mobile antenna all time. I'm saying for the last time. I DID NOT POST THE PICTURE OF THIS ANTENNA AND WOULD EVERYONE QUIT USING IT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I'M USING IT FOR A SELL FACTOR. I'm not desperate for sales on anything. Every once in a while I will almost get caught up on orders for the 10K and It takes a lot of pressure off me. Kale

W5LZ said:
10k223,
"The antenna has much gain and receives as well as the quad." - If you would change that just a tiny bit, to the quad you had up, I'd sure be willing to believe it. As it stands, though, 'fraid not.
As for the guy who designed it, he may very well know what he's talking about. But, since we're getting things sort of 'second-hand', there might also be some 'fudge-factor' in the relaying. Not hard to do at times, and not always necessarily intentional.
And the part you won't want to hear, and won't agree with...
Coils always introduce loss. May not be much, but it's always there. Just a matter of physics. The only good reason to use a coil as a load in an antenna is to make that antenna shorter. There are some very good reasons to do that, especially for a mobile antenna for HF. That shortening of an antenna does change it's radiating characteristics. If that change isn't much, if the antenna isn't shortened a great deal, there will probably not be any readily apparent noticeable difference in what you hear. If that change in length is very much, there will probably be as much reduction in what you can hear with it. Just another fact of life about antennas (provable, by the way, just as the coils/loss thingy is).
Does any of this say there's something wrong with your antennas? I don't think so, if they are used for what they should be used for. And with any antenna, if it isn't used to the best of it's characteristics (what it ought'a be used for), it's like putting one 13" Goodyear tire on a large 'John Deere' tractor. It may work, but not very well.
- 'Doc
You're right about the radiating characteristics of the coil antenna. The only part that should radiate on a well designed coil antenna is the top 1/3 of the coil on up. This gives it a "bow tie" effect radiation pattern which helps keep more of the signal on the ground. Kale

kyle did not post the pic....i did . i saw the post on his forum page and requested the pic . it did not cross my mind at all as to why he wouldnt just post the pic himself even though it was clear in his post that the antenna is a proto type . now i see why . i did kyle a injustice and that was oposite my intention . and,to be frank,i feel a lil ashamed . i dont have a problem being a "duck" compared to most of you folks and i understand im still a newbie and have a lot to learn and that i dont know jack crap compared to a lot of folks . im sure kyle can appreciate constructive criticizem but some post had no construction to them ,just idiot throat cutting comments . i mean common......heres a guy that if it wernt for him there would be no "10k world" and no 10k for people to brag about or appreciate .

if yall want to crap on someone , crap on me for posting a pic of a prototype antenna .

dont crap on kyle for doing R&D trying to make better antennas for all of us to use at home and on the mobile .

bob85 said:
thanks to my buddy dave heres the starduster m800 i owned twice in over 25 years, the lower portion of the legs are missing in this pic

2004029918301693022_fs.jpg

sweet ,I knew you can do it :)
so whats the ring for SWR?

10k223 said:
You're right about the radiating characteristics of the coil antenna. The only part that should radiate on a well designed coil antenna is the top 1/3 of the coil on up. This gives it a "bow tie" effect radiation pattern which helps keep more of the signal on the ground. Kale

Say what? Bow Tie and keeping the signal on the ground?

BOOTY MONSTER said:
kyle did not post the pic....i did . i saw the post on his forum page and requested the pic . it did not cross my mind at all as to why he wouldnt just post the pic himself even though it was clear in his post that the antenna is a proto type . now i see why . i did kyle a injustice and that was oposite my intention . and,to be frank,i feel a lil ashamed . i dont have a problem being a "duck" compared to most of you folks and i understand im still a newbie and have a lot to learn and that i dont know jack crap compared to a lot of folks . im sure kyle can appreciate constructive criticizem but some post had no construction to them ,just idiot throat cutting comments . i mean common......heres a guy that if it wernt for him there would be no "10k world" and no 10k for people to brag about or appreciate .

if yall want to crap on someone , crap on me for posting a pic of a prototype antenna .

dont crap on kyle for doing R&D trying to make better antennas for all of us to use at home and on the mobile .

He said he didnt design the antenna, no one is crapping on anyone just the fallacies that are being said... picture or no picture. If there wasnt a 10k world there would be someone elses world a coil antenna is just that a coil antenna. Some are machined better than others, other than that they all perform about the same except for those who make wild claims.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.