• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Imax 2000

These should tune to where my A99 does then? If so I shoult set mine up. And take readings and see if it hears or gets out any better. I dont use mine a whole lot because Im on a beam most of the time and cant even think about trying to compare TX and RX between a vertical omni and a beam.

I have a home made beam finished and ready to go up on tower. I like the idea of using the Max 2000 for listening and then when I know what direction the station I want to contact is in I can switch over to the beam and aim it.

TonyV225, put it up and see.

The Imax is great haw mine fore 2 years now and it works great.

But I had a water problem the ting is that first or the top section got loose from wind probably and the rain get into the middle section in the winter water frosted and the carbon crack, that is fixed now i make a rubber ring and put it in between top and middle section.

When i dismounted it I noted that the bottom section has a hole on the top and on the bottom the middle on have a hole on the top but not on the bottom so the water do not have a clear way down and it sitting there.

I got to look at mine, I dont remember a hole in any sections except the bottom section at the very bottom. instructions say be careful not to plug it up when sealing the coax.

AP

I love, love, LOVE my IMAX 2000. Up at the radio ranch there is a constant wind that comes from the west and frequently gusts in excess of 40 MPH. The IMAX will bend almost to a 90 degree angle but it just won't break.

Had a local a/b an IMAX and an A99 last week. He jumped 2 S units on my meter when he went to the IMAX.

Just can't say enough good things about this antenna. IMO one of the best mass-produced units ever.

YMMV... but not by much!

Some of the guys reviewing it on eHam put their own radials on the Imax. One guy claims he used four different lengths of guy wire - all 1/4 W/L of 10, 12, 15 and 20m. Cleaver and cheap way of doing it.

I recommend finding the Imax 2000 on eHam and re-reading customer reviews of it.

I just put mine on a 20 ft piece of steel masting and that is how I got it to work on 17. Never could get 20m out of it. Never tried on 6m either.

Please keep us posted . . .

I can get 20 meters out of my IMAX on a 14 foot pole. I use a Dentron Super Tuner but it is very narrow when you move off frequency. You have to keep touching it up. I get signals close to the G5RV or about the same. The tip of the IMAX is 25 feet up and the G5RV is 25 feet up. It will tune there without radials.

I got my Imax 2000 off of a truck driver...it was nib...he wanted $70.....I offered him $40 and he took it....he said he was wanting to have a base station but they moved into a apartment and putting up a base antenna was not allowed....I figgered he would counter offer but he didn't...so I got a real good deal. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.