• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President AX-144

The 2SA1012 is located right by the socket where you plug in your 12 volt source, on the back of the radio. It should look similar to a 2SA473, but labelled A1012.

~Cheers~

Just looked at the AR144 I am using for reference and it has the 1012 in the spot mine has the 2245.

is the circuit board not marked for some reason. it should have TR44 marked on the board for the component for the 2sa1012.

Yes it is marked but TR44 is not marked TR42,43, and 45 are all right there. Guess thats why I was having trouble finding it. I really appreciate the help.

The GE69A is the same thing as a 2SA1012. That's the part that could be suspect. Remove that GE69A and replace with a 2SA1012, NTE153, ECG153, TIP30, or a TIP62. Any of those will work for replacements. Good luck!

~Cheers~

Might try pulling TR-43/2SB525C and test it with the diode test function of your DVM. Had a similar problem on one radio I worked on awhile back. Using a schematic can help; just follow the path . . .

Pulled the Sb525 out and if I am testing it right it shows bad, so where is the best place to get one or the substitutes of 2sb809,bc327,bc328,bc666,bc638?

Dont really want to make a $25 order or deal with the ebay clowns for a $2 part.

Thanks, Greg

PM sent Exit Thirteen... I appreciate you, and thanks to everyone else for the help, I will keep this updated with the results.

Hmm, do you have full SSB audio on the radio?

And do you have a full carrier on AM? Can you adjust the carrier level on AM? Get back to me when you can. Bummer the other 2SB525 didn't work. :(

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.