• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President AX-144

Hmm, do you have full SSB audio on the radio?

And do you have a full carrier on AM? Can you adjust the carrier level on AM? Get back to me when you can. Bummer the other 2SB525 didn't work. :(

~Cheers~

Yes, full SSB audio, Yes Full AM carrier, and yes I can adjust the AM carrier level.

Ok, Check out C181, C183, and C132. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace those three capacitors too. If you're getting full carrier, and it adjusts properly, this means your AM pass regulator circuit is doing its job.

C181 is a .047uf disc capacitor, labeled 473, C183 is a 100uf, 10V electrolytic, and C132 is a 330uf, 16V electrolytic.

Could also check and/or replace TR42, labeled C711. This also could have gone fault, although unlikely.

~Cheers~

Will do, been workin overtime so havent had time to mess with it but I will when I get time and thanks again.

Naaaa.... no need to pitch it. Those are excellent radios. The radios in both my mobiles use the same board as the AX-144. Frequency stability is better than a Cobra 148. Definitely worth trying to save. Older is better in my book!

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
Naaaa.... no need to pitch it. Those are excellent radios. The radios in both my mobiles use the same board as the AX-144. Frequency stability is better than a Cobra 148. Definitely worth trying to save. Older is better in my book!

~Cheers~

I am the same way about the older radios. I prefer them to the newer hi wattage radios.

Replaced c181 the .047uf disc capacitor and still nothing, gonna replace the other 2 caps when I get them, local radio shack didnt have the other 2, just an update.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.